By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Abnormal healing from surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
_SBKM

Abnormal healing from surgery

Post by _SBKM »

Hi, I had surgery to remove my left Fallopian tube as my pregnancy was ectopic, this was back on 27th august. I’ll be 8 weeks post op tomorrow and just don’t feel like I am healing the way I should be.

I still have a lot of pain on the left side, I can feel it more when I’m lying down and goes round the back of my pelvis aswell. I’ve had an internal scan 2 weeks ago and they said everything looks normal. I have zero appetite and have had stomach issues since the surgery aswell.

My partner and I attempted to have sex but we had to stop as I felt sore and got nauseous with the pain and bloated, I started bleeding a bit the day after aswell, the GP said we had tried to soon.

I’ve been reading about people being recovered 3 weeks after the op and back to normal, I’m almost 8 weeks post op and can’t see this nightmare ending anytime soon and am at a complete loss, I just want my life back :( I had a tough recovery right after the surgery and they told me it would have been to do with the methotrexate which they gave me before the surgery. Did anyone else take this long to heal? I just want to physically feel better so I can try and cope with the mental side of things aswell

EPT Host 22

Re: Abnormal healing from surgery

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi SBKM,

I'm so sorry that you have suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss, and now, are going through this worrying time. It can be very normal to feel pains after ectopic pregnancy. I'm not medically qualified and am unable to comment on your particular situation, however, women on these boards have reported many different types of sensations. Sometimes it's related to their surgeries, pain from adhesions, or scar tissue which forms as part of the recovery process, but it could also be because of ovulation pains as many women feel ovulation pains when they did not before. It might also be as a result of heightened awareness after your ordeal.

To assist, you could keep a pain diary too - when you experience the pain and where, its intensity and anything that helps like rest or pain relief, and noting when your period starts. It's good that you have had an internal scan and spoke with your GPs, I encourage you to continue advocating for yourself if things do not feel right. The diary might help communicate the symptoms as well.

Recovery, both physical and emotional, takes time and every woman is different. As much as we'd like to return to normal, ectopic pregnancy is a trauma and it's important to give ourselves as much time as we need. Please keep looking after yourself, checking in with your medical providers. We are here for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team