By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Starting with low hCG levels

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Faris

Starting with low hCG levels

Post by Faris »

Hey, my heart goes out to all the members of this forum. Sending you all so much love.

I've just been diagnosed ectopic at 7+1 with a small mass or clot in my right tube.

My levels have been;
16/10 - 127
18/10 - 107
20/10 - 119
22/10 - 150

Given the low numbers and absence of any pain, we decided to wait a few days to see if it resolves on its own, and if not to proceed with methotrexate.

Has anyone had any experience with these sort of numbers and either treatment?

Amx

Re: Starting with low hCG levels

Post by Amx »

Sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy.

My levels were really low (65-75) but stayed static for a couple of weeks and I then developed pain so was treated with methotrexate. After the shot it resolved within a week.

I was given advice to rest as even though my numbers were very low there was still a chance of rupture until they were at 0. Take it easy and take time to heal mentally too x

miranda864

Re: Starting with low hCG levels

Post by miranda864 »

I did not have this personally but have seen others online who had low hCG levels. Some had methotrexate and some had expectant management. The most important thing seemed to be continuing to monitoring hCG, and being aware of symptoms. I wish you good luck and a positive outcome!