By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Hannaha

Methotrexate

Post by Hannaha »

OK, I'm going to keep this short as I don't feel able to write things down without crying yet. But I had the Methotrexate on Tuesday (2 days ago). I have come to work today and I'm really struggling, I thought I would be happy with the distraction but instead I'm feeling upset and I think I'm snapping at people and not being my best self. I am going to take tomorrow off and rest. Next week I have several meetings that can't be done online and a couple are even in hospital where I will be with some challenging individuals. My question is this, is this a good idea, I have read my immune system can be low and I'm worried that if someone catches my stomach or I find myself in a difficult situation could the ectopic rupture? I may be thinking over the top so I am sorry if I am. I just don;t really know what to do and I know I'm not thinking the clearest at the moment.

Sarahkate8

Re: Methotrexate

Post by Sarahkate8 »

Hey there! I know exactly how you’re feeling. I’ve had 2 shots of MTX and its seriously a rollercoaster. I’ve had to disappear from work quite a bit as it can be very overwhelming to pretend like everything is fine. I would just say be kind to yourself and if it is possible, take some time off when you can. Sometimes distractions can help, but if you’re having a particularly bad day don’t force things x

Hannaha

Post by Hannaha »

Thanks for your reply and kind words. I can get overwhelmed quickly and I'm finding myself crying so often. I've taken today off, although I went for my day 4 blood test so now I'm anxious for the result.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Hannah,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.
I went back to work about a week after having methotrexate and in hindsight it was hard to early. I was also surprised by the sheer level of exhaustion I felt.

When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal. Take the time you need. If this week is looking particularly tough, take more time off. You can speak to your GP about extending your sick note if needed.

Above all be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Hannaha

Post by Hannaha »

Hi, I just wanted to update. What a journey this has been, I will never forget the upset, anger, disappointment and frustration of going through my ectopic. We began trying when we could again and each month I would feel the disappointment, upset and guilt sometimes about trying again. It was an emotional rollercoaster. Then, I said to my partner I didn't want to try again, I couldn't cope with it not working and I was scared. That month we didn't use any ovulation tests, I didn't obsess on the right time to have sex, or even when my period should be due. It occurred to me I was 5 days late, I tested and it was positive! I was in complete shock and disbelief. then came the panic that it would happen again. I didn't allow myself to be excited, I just felt numb. I was asked to go for an early scan at 8 week and the fear of that day was immense, all I could think about was what happened before, but to my shock, there was a baby, and it was in the right place!

I am now 13 weeks pregnant, have had my 12 week scan and everything is ok. I still have moments of doubt and disbelief but I am so incredibly fortunate to have this baby inside of me, I am thrilled and can now enjoy this. My partner has been incredible, listening to all of my worry, being a rock of stability and positivity and a distraction when I have felt the worry becoming too much.

It can happen, I will never forget my ectopic and the dark place it takes you too, but there can be a happy ending.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Hannah,
Almost a year to the day and I'm replying to your post congratulating you on your pregnancy and you have no idea how much this has warmed my heart today.
Just thinking about concieving can seem like such an ordeal when you are experiencing ectopic pregnancy and I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to come on these boards, updating us and giving hope to so many.
Wishing you a smooth pregnancy and sending much love and warm hugs
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team