By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnancy after ectopic surgery, successful story

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Katrina24

Pregnancy after ectopic surgery, successful story

Post by Katrina24 »

Hi everyone,
So I after I had my ectopic pregnancy in May 2020, and after me and my husband had decided to try again, all I wanted was to hear successful pregnancies post ectopic pregnancy. So I hope my story helps someone's positivity/outlook.

My Ectopic Pregnancy
I was 9 weeks 5 days pregnant, we had told our parents we were expecting our first child a couple of weeks prior. I woke up in severe pain and collapsed as I got out of bed.
Not being able to move without passing out an ambulance came and rushed me off for emergency surgery. At the time they said it could be my appendix or an ectopic.
When I woke from surgery, I straight away asked the obvious question, one I can't bring myself to type out but the answer haunts me even now.
I had lost a lot of blood internally and had my left tube removed.
I remember not wanting to speak to or see my family or husband afterwards because quite frankly, I was traumatised. This was during the panic, so I spent some time in hospital, seeing my husband once when he dropped me off some clothes.

Getting pregnant after ectopic pregnancy and surgery
I felt so much pressure to get pregnant again, with feeling that i had already failed once and to be honest I felt ashamed in myself.
We tried for 3 months and each month I would be devastated when the tests were negative or when my period would come.

My best friend was pregnant and due 2 weeks after I would have been. I found out the same day I told her what had happened to me.
I couldn't help it, but I sort of hated her for a while. I cried for hours after I found out.
I went to her baby shower a few months later and it was so difficult. One of her friends knew I was married and jokingly said we should have planned it so we were pregnant at the same time. I burst into tears and had to leave.
By this time we had already been trying 2 months to get pregnant again.

I was constantly tracking my periods, feelings, throughout the month, logging whether I felt sick, how spotty I was everything- just to try to tell if I was going to come on my period or not. I would get super stressed around the fertile window and pressure myself so much with getting pregnant again.

The 3rd month I deleted the tracker apps, didn't record anything and just made a note of my fertile window. I had decided to change my thought process and convince myself that 'it will happen when it will happen'.
Which I'm sure a lot of people on here will understand how difficult that is.

On that 3rd month we got pregnant again, we had early scans through the NHS and everything seemed to be going well.
In July 2021 our little boy was born 💙

Even though we have their little brother at home with us now, I still think our little lost baby every single day.
I guess I just want to say, be kind to yourself. Take the time you need to recover. Even though we tried for another pregnancy quite soon after, I know for a fact that I was definitely not mentally ready the first 2 months.

Katrina24

Re: Pregnancy after ectopic surgery, successful story

Post by Katrina24 »

I had also ovulated from the side I had my tube removed, so the opposite tube picked up the egg x

CO1803

Re: Pregnancy after ectopic surgery, successful story

Post by CO1803 »

Hi Katrina

Thank you so much for sharing your story; I'm so sorry for what you went through it really is traumatic. You are totally right in that it's a story I needed to hear (I'm sure others will too) and have searched for often. Also thank you for your bit about the egg being picked up by the opposite tube - this really baffles my brain and when I was told post surgery that eggs can be picked up by 1 tube from either side it just didn't and doesn't make sense in my head - but great to know it's true!!

I am so so happy for you and your partner right now and that you have your bubba in your arms and had a safe and healthy pregnancy. I'm sure his older sibling will be watching over you all for life ❤️

Much love
C xx