By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Surgery anxiety - ectopic pregnancies, endometriosis and IVF!

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Snoopydraws23

Surgery anxiety - ectopic pregnancies, endometriosis and IVF!

Post by Snoopydraws23 »

Hi all,

I’m booked in to have my left fallopian tube removed next week due to haematosalpinx. I had my right tube removed last year after a 2nd ectopic pregnancy following my 4th round of IVF.

I have stage 4 endometriosis but am asymptomatic so the surgeon is planning to leave that alone. My tube is attached to my bowel so it’s not going to be straightforward.

I’m hoping there may be some people on here who may have had similar surgery or surgery where endometriosis has involved the bowel. I’d love to hear your experiences in the hope it may help alleviate some of my anxieties!

Thanks for reading! ☺️

EPT Host 22

Re: Surgery anxiety - ectopic pregnancies, endometriosis and IVF!

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Snoopydraws23,

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this worrying situation. You have endured so much already. It's normal to feel anxious before surgeries, especially as their dates are approaching. I know it's easier said than done, but do take time to be kind to yourself right now. It's normal to feel a range of emotions, but also try to find time to rest and calm your mind.

You might want to keep an ongoing list of questions you have for the surgeons, so that you don't forget to ask your questions when the time comes. I have found this helps soothe my anxiety, if I feel I have some agency over the situation.

Please know that we are here for you throughout and for as long as you need.

With very good wishes,

Michele

During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Snoopydraws23

Re: Surgery anxiety - ectopic pregnancies, endometriosis and IVF!

Post by Snoopydraws23 »

Thank you for taking the time you reply to me. I think that’s a really good ideas to write down questions I have for the surgeon and I think it will help alleviate some of my anxieties.