By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

First Pregnancy Ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
aat

First Pregnancy Ectopic

Post by aat »

Hello,

2 weeks after my first positive urine test, I found out it was an ectopic pregnancy on Monday. One week before that, I had a cramp which lasted a few hours and had been bleeding since (varying from a dark brown to red colour), but otherwise no other symptoms. I did a scan and found a 1.5 cm mass on my left tube. My HCG levels were 198 and I was told the best option would be the expectant management. Then from Tuesday to Wednesday night, I started feeling strong cramps and also noticed stronger bleeding, so went to A&E. Fortunately, pain killers were enough to get the pain controlled and another scan didn’t show any fluids and the mass hadn’t grow. My HCG levels had dropped to 100 which was also a good sign. I was discharged yesterday and will go back tomorrow for another blood test and next Monday for another scan. I am still bleeding and also passing a lot of blood clots, and feeling mild cramps. I just can’t stop overthinking about every little symptom I have, I am super scared of a rupture. I just can’t wait for all this to be gone. I know it’s better if I don’t need any further treatment/surgery but at the same time I am finding really difficult to cope with the wait and feeling afraid all the time. So if you are going through the same situation, hopefully you know you aren’t alone. I had never been pregnant before and currently not sure I won’t to risk going through all of this again. :|

EPT Host 22

Re: First Pregnancy Ectopic

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi aat,

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this difficult time. Suffering an ectopic pregnancy comes as a surprise to many of us, and it is both a physical and emotional trauma that requires time to recovery.

I know how anxious this time period of waiting can be. You are doing the right thing by being seen and monitored. It is very good that you are continuing to monitor your symptoms. A journal can help us to record what is occurring and then we can look back for any variations or note any new or concerning symptoms.

During this time of recovery, I encourage you to be very gentle and kind with yourself. You have been through a lot and may be feeling many emotions. I completely understand about not being sure about becoming pregnant again. My ectopic was in my first pregnancy as well. I had no idea what it was or that it could happen. It took me some time to become comfortable with the idea of pregnancy again.

These boards are filled with women and men who understand what you are going through. No matter where you are at, we are here for you for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

hthannah

Re: First Pregnancy Ectopic

Post by hthannah »

I had my first pregnancy, which was ectopic and unfortunately ruptured about 4 weeks ago. At the moment I am still feeling very sore from the surgery and fragile - physically and mentally - from the whole experience. At the moment I can’t contemplate being pregnant again but having children is something my husband and I have both wanted for a while. It took us a year of trying to conceive before this ectopic pregnancy. I feel scared at the prospect of going through the strain of pregnancy and giving birth in future as I can’t see how my body would cope after this recent trauma.