By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

ectopic pregnancy a couple years on..

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
sarahxXx

ectopic pregnancy a couple years on..

Post by sarahxXx »

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member to this forum,I thought it might help to talk to some people who have been in my own situation or maybe try and help some ladies who could be going through this at present.. I'm going to start from the beginning I hope I don't ramble to much lol ,
Basically January 2014 I took a pregnancy test and to mine and my partners amazement it was positive,we have been together since we were 13,we are now both 24, We were so happy as we always wanted a child.I quit smoking instantly changed my diet started to eat healthier.It was fine until a couple weeks in i started to bleed,it worried me greatly so I went to hospital to check myself out and make sure everything was ok,
I had a blood test taken every couple of days to check my HCG levels and they were rising showing I was still pregnant and something was happening confused from the bleeding they kept a close eye on me and had many more blood tests (I swear i could have kept Dracula alive lol) joking aside the mental pain was torture the HCG was rising but very slowly instead of doubling as it should have been, i was told I was probably miscarrying and my body just still contained HCG but this didn't explain the slow rise.I had a number of internal scans unfortunately they couldn't find anything, no sac nothing all they said was my ovaries looked a little large and could be PCOs,
I had one scan with a trainee and the head lady walked in and said to her "you do know that's upside down" meaning the instrument that was inserted in me at the time! this was needless to say not very comforting,they couldn't see anything still so I went home and was booked in for another a scan in a couple more days all the time my blood was still showing a HCG rise I don't know why but I clung to the tiniest bit of hope I had I was talked through the methotrexate route and was told I could do this and have it all over and done with I wanted to try and give it just two more days so I did,

I went in for my final scan,my partner was at work and I told him not to worry as they hadn't seen anything so far so this was just what I thought would be another pointless scan, wow was I wrong, I looked over at the screen trying to make sense of the blodges and funny shapes on the screen when I see the nurse look very serious and a little sad, she looked at me and said I'm so sorry,looking at he screen I saw a tiny little sack with a tiny little fetus with a flicker she told me the baby had a heartbeat and it was illegal for them to perform methotrexate injection as there was a heartbeat,even though my little bean had a heartbeat it was stuck in my left Fallopian tube she explained nothing could be done but to remove my whole tube and the baby as it was to dangerous and it would burst my tube.I never forget that day or the way I felt,I remember calling my partner and parents with a huge lump in my throat trying to explain what the nurse had said,it still gets me now typing this now.

The next thing knew I was on a ward nill by mouth awaiting my operation,my partner had come and I remember trying to stay strong for him as I knew it was all he wanted ,all we both wanted, I could see it in his face but he was so scared for me he told me that I took priority and he loved me and tried to make me feel better, he couldn't stay overnight as the hospital wouldn't let him,in the morning I was whisked in for my opp all I remember is the lights on the ceiling one after the other as they wheeled me in.The next thing I remember is waking up in shock in recovery and someone saying my name "Sarah,Sarah,its ok Sarah your alright" my teeth were chattering and there was a oxygen mask on my face it was the weirdest feeling. All I wanted to do was go home after another day of monitoring I was told I could go home.I remember all I seemed to do when I got home for the next I cant even remember was cry,I could see my partner was so upset as-well trying to fight back tears of his own,he was so attentive didn't want me moving to quick frightened I might hurt myself somehow,I was told not to lift or do anything to strenuous.I felt absolutely useless I was a night carer for the elderly,loved to garden and make things and all of a sudden I was told to rest and not do hardly anything.

A couple weeks past and I began to feel a little better physically not great but a little better, I swear I felt Id cried a thousand tears and had run dry but somehow late at night when all you have is your own thoughts it made me so upset,I just felt as though it was my fault and how could this have happened to me. it was only after I had my ectopic that I realized how common ectopic pregnancies are for ladies,it saddened me to know that this happens a lot for people.

A year later I had a second laproscopy procedure this time it was exploratory as I was still suffering a lot of pain in my abdomen, I was diagnosed with endemetriosis, they chose to cut it out and stitch my back up again, I came to luckily I wasn't in as much shock as the first time when I came round. They let me go that night thankfully as i chose to leave for my own bed.
So its one more year on since then, I'm one tube down,I still feel pain in my abdomen and unfortunately even though I haven't used any protection with my partner we still are struggling to conceive, Is anyone in my situation at the moment or have you been in my situation ? I hope that one day me and my partner are lucky to have a child and be parents but until then I guess its just a waiting game. Does anyone have any ideas or helpful hints to trying to conceive.
I hope whoever reads this is ok and I'm sorry if you have had a loss as-well my thoughts are with you all and just know Im always here if anyone wants to chat.I know how hard it is it still affects me greatly mentally xx Kind regards Sarah xXx

SharonB222

Re: ectopic pregnancy a couple years on..

Post by SharonB222 »

It took me on average 12 months to conceive (unexplained) - as little as 2 months and much as 24 months. I kept hoping the next one would work, but with difficulty conceiving combined with early pregnancy loss (unexplained), eventually I ran out of time - started TTC at 31 and turned to IVF at 38. If you have the time, I'd keep trying; if not, I'd start looking at options. Wishing you a pleasant "surprise" soon!

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Sarah im so sorry for what u have been through. Preg loss is so hard to deal with n surgery on top is too much.

I am lucky that I have never had to have surgery.

But I know how it feels to loose a baby.

Me n my partner git preg really quickly in August 2014 and unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 11 wks preg. I remember alot of pain n fear n passing clots was terrifying. After my scan I had a d & c operation after to remove what was left.

We waited 2 months to ttc again n I fell preg within a month.

This time I got to 7 wks preg before bleeding again n I couldn't get an early scan as was told spotting was normal despite fact I had already had a miscarriage.

It was only when I started getting psins 6 days later I was allowed a scan. They couldn't see anything on my scan n said I must of started miscarring.. but after taking my blood test they were concerned with my results n so they said I was bein diagnosed with a PUL (pregnancy of unknown location) they could see a mass or a pregnancy next to my ovary so they couldn't be sure but said I was either having another miscarriage or an ectopic preg.

So to be safe if it was an ectopic or not I had to go bak for regular blood tests until my blood levels dropped to 0. After 2 wks my bleeding n pains had stopped n my levels had dropped to 2 so I was discharged from the hospital.

After both losses I had gone bk to work after about a week to keep busy which was hard as I work in a nursery with todlers n see preg mums n babies there every day.

My bf was supportive towards me but I found he didn't want to talk to me about it much as he thought it wouldn't help us to move on.

But obviously its different for the woman coz of the physical as well as the emotional n mental healing.

We tried again after two months again. .. even thou I was so scared of getting preg again n if I was getting preg I was scared of having another miscarriage or ectopic preg.

Me and my partner were both 38 by then n wanted a baby still so much n couldn't wait for ever to try again.

So we carried on trying but I wasn't getting preg so after about 8 Months I went to see my doctor about my concerns of not being able to concieve.

He reasured me that he was confident I would get preg naturally. He told me to keep trying to concieve naturally for another 2 months n if I still had no luck that he would then look into doin tests on me to see if something was wrong.

I went bak to the doc 2 wks later in January 16 it was to tell my doc I had taken a preg test after being 4 days late n was 4 wks and 5 days pregnant.

My doctor was very supportive n happy for me.

I rang my hosp epu and told them my history and they booked me in for an early 6 wks and 4 days preg scan.

I was so scared n I went for an early scan n luckily for me scan went well and nurse showed me the baby's sac in right place n heart beat.

Me n my partner are now 39 and it took as about 7 months to concieve this 3rd time.

I am now 12 wks preg today n I have my 12 wks scan in 3 days.
Which I am nervous n very scared about but im trying to stay positive n think all will be ok but u just never know n all u can do us pray n hope.

If all goes well with my scan hopefully n rest of my preg it shows that after 2 preg losses u can go on to have a healthy 3rd preg.

So please don't give up...

I know u had surgery.. n I didn't but alot of women go on to have healthy pregs after miscarriages and ectopic pregs n surgery and with jus one tube.

I hope u have alot of support n im glad ur bf sounda supportive.

I pray for u that u will get healthy preg very soon wen time is right for u... don't give up hope. Sending u hugs.

Princess Pink x x

sarahxXx

Post by sarahxXx »

SharonB222 wrote:It took me on average 12 months to conceive (unexplained) - as little as 2 months and much as 24 months. I kept hoping the next one would work, but with difficulty conceiving combined with early pregnancy loss (unexplained), eventually I ran out of time - started TTC at 31 and turned to IVF at 38. If you have the time, I'd keep trying; if not, I'd start looking at options. Wishing you a pleasant "surprise" soon!
Dear Sharon, I m sorry to hear your TTC time was so long for you, I have been thinking about IVF, but thought I would give it a little more time to see how I go I know Im still young, it just worries me with just one tube and you always feel thees a chance that if it does happen it could be in the wrong place. I guess we all have to try and stay possitive no matter what the outcome could be, are you still doing IVF or did you manage to get pregnant again through IVF? I wish you the best of luck and thankyou for replying it mean so much people have taken the time to read my story and talk about it with me I know its hard to talk about this,I am glad have found lady's like you that can help me talk things through xx

sarahxXx

Post by sarahxXx »

Dear Princess Pink ,
Thank you for your kind words,it means alot, am so sorry you had to go through this awful experience twice ,I hate the waiting and not knowing is horrible,I really feel for you and your partner and pray you get a healthy pregnancy and no more pain.My partner is like that in that he tries not to talk about things and i don't want to make him upset,I know its healthier to talk things through but sometimes it is very hard to do so, hence why i joined this forum to talk to ladies that have been in this situation too. Please keep me updated on your pregnancy and I'm really really hoping this goes well for you both,keep your chin up hun and stay positive,always here to talk if you need to. Sarah xXx

SharonB222

Post by SharonB222 »

I used the online ovulation tracking tool and conceived with one tube 18 cycles after my ep. With the tracker I knew I was timing it correctly, but like I said, we clearly had other things going on (unexplained). I am not sure if there are diet changes, etc. that could reduce your endometriosis. I tried many things in my 8 years trying to conceive naturally and am glad for the overall health benefits but when I lost that pg (chemical) that I had after the ep, it was time to move on. I had two live births with IVF-PGS-FET (frozen embryo transfer) and one more ep (caught early and resolved with MTX). Honestly, but the time I got to IVF (8 yrs, 5 pg losses) I was not positive at all. My mom said "just be positive" and I said to her "I tried that, that didn't work, I'm doing full on negative for this one". And it worked. :wink:

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Ur welcome Sarah :) n thank u for ur kind reply back to me. I don't think we ever get over loosing our babies but like u said it does help talking to others who understand on these forums.

I had my 12 wks scan yesterday. It was stress n emotional cause nurse couldn't find anything on tummy scan cause she said is cause my uterus is tilted which apparently some women have.

She offered me internal scan which I agreed to n I was shaky n dizzy n feared worse.

She did internal scan n soon said there's heart beat n all baby's body parts are there.

I cried with relief n coz I really thought oh no this is going to be 3rd preg loss so I was so emotional.

She couldn't take baby's measurements from internal scan so im going back to have a 16 wks scan so they can get baby measurements n blood test 4 abnormalities risks test of downs etc coz of my age n ethic origin.

I am pleased all went well in end.. I was so scared.

I hope u keep getting support n wish u well with ur recovery n I pray u get pregsoon. Im sensending u hugs n lotsa baby dust. X x

emilymoore682

Post by emilymoore682 »

Learn more about ectopic pregnancy by reading this article: http://motherhow.com/what-is-an-ectopic ... -symptoms/

sarahxXx

Post by sarahxXx »

Update, ok so haven't been on in a while have been experiencing some pain again so went back to gp done blood tests urine test the works, no infection present or pregnancy had another scan and nothing revealed was told my endometriosis wouldn't be vissable on scan,if it's returned,been taking Co codamol for the pain it's still on and of a few weeks later, I had an ovulation blood test to find out I was not ovulating, my gyno has now prescribed me tablets to take for ten days to make me bleed and when I do I have to take these other pills yo try and make me ovulate, will start them tomo and keep you posted on what they're like and what does or does not happen, fingers crossed ladies much love to you all xx

Jt_1980

Post by Jt_1980 »

Hi all, I am new to this sight was well. First off I am so sorry that you are all dealing with this hurt. I had my etopic pregnancy back in Jan of this year and for some reason I felt OK after it happened, I mean as was heartbroken and disappointed but now I am having a harder time dealing with it for some reason. Maybe when it first happened I was in shock or something and now it is hitting me a few months later. I was recently married in September and because I am 36 I wanted to start trying right away. To my surprise I was thrilled I got pregnant in November! I went for my first checkup at 5 weeks and it was too early to see anything but my doctor said everything looked where it should be at 5 weeks. I felt good, wasn't sick or anything. Then before my 2nd appointment to go back which was around 7 close to 8 weeks I started bleeding but didn't have any pain. I wasn't bleeding heavy so I thought maybe this was just normal however I still made an appt to see my doctor. That's when he told me he saw a pregnancy in my tube and I was sent to the hospital and had to have emergency surgery and lost my tube. This happened all in Jan and I want to start trying again but I am so scared that this may happen again. I am having panic attacks and been getting depressed about the thought of maybe this just isn't going to happen for me. I am trying to stay positive and be thankful for the things I do have like my family and husband but I feel like my life will not be complete without a child with my husband. I never realized how hard this journey would be!

sarahxXx

Post by sarahxXx »

Hi welcome to the site, xx so sorry to hear about your loss,I know what you mean when you say it hits you more now, I was the same it still upsets me now I think some of us deal with it then and there and some do go into shock a bit and it takes a little while to sink in doubled with the feeling that it could happen again, I'm sorry you went through this its so horrible, I hope that you fall again and it all goes well for you,congrats on getting married xx as hard as it is we must try and stay as calm as possible and not stress our selves toomuch as it will make it harder to conceive again I know easier said then done, I recently found out I'm not ovulating, have just been put on provera and clomifine to try and speed things up am praying it will work as only having one tube and told not ovulating I feel anxious about the whole situation Aswell. This site helps to talk to other people in the same boat :) even tho I'm a total technophobe lol still working out how to use lol I hope this is posted to u successfully, always here to talk xx

sarahxXx

Post by sarahxXx »

Update ok been taking clomifine for the past few days day 2 to day 6 of cycle and it's been giving me slight headaches and hotflashes now and again but other then that been ok, hoping for some good news soon even if it is just to say I'm ovulating, time will tell, until then just enjoying the fun of spending time with my partner lol fingers crossed, spreading baby dust to you all and wishing you all the best xx

sarahxXx

Post by sarahxXx »

Hello Ladies!!
I am so sorry i haven't been on for such a long time,have had a nightmare of a time with my computer then managed to somehow forgot all my login details like a total twit lol.
OK so heres whats been going on with me for the last year...After being on clomifene prescribed by my gyno and getting nowhere still, me and my partner still unsuccessfully trying to conceive were being referred for IVF, we went to the first appointment were we received lots of information i had tests taken and discussed what hospital we would like to have our IVF treatment take place, This is going to sound unbelievable but the next week something made me feel i should take a pregnancy test and ant said go for it so i did expecting to have the same result we always had,but it wasn't! it was positive!!! i announced my 12 week of pregnancy christmas 2016, we had a scan on the 28/12/16 and the sonographer said we were actually 13 weeks and a couple days then so we were further along then we thought,I am now 17 weeks 4 days pregnant and praying everything keeps going well, i've been lucky enough to see my baby twice already on scan and hear the heart beat at my second midwife app, I am so grateful and overwhelmed with joy, We find out what we are having on the 10th feb 2017 so that's really exciting hopefully all is going well, we are still in shock and am so happy we didn't need the Ivf treatment in the end. Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes and i really hope this will be a positive outcome for me and anyone who has read my story and trying to conceive still, best of luck ladies and i'm thinking of you all xxxxx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Sarah, It's been ages since I spoke to u on here & u sure have been through so much. I'm glad u didn't need to have IVF in the end n that u have had the wonderful miricale of getting pregnant with a healthy baby... its amazing news n I'm so pleased for u ;) Massive Congratulations to u :) I'm so happy for u that uv had healthy scans.

Il be thinking of u tomo at ur scan. .. I wish u luck but I know ul be fine & it be wonderful for u to find out if ur having a boy or a girl. Let me know how u get on please n don't worry all will be fine & il be praying for u ;)

Since I spoke to u I had my 3rd scan at 17 wks preg n was abke to have a normal scan on my tummy & told all was healthy & well & I got to see my baby on the screen. .. I cried with relief. I had to wait for my 20 wks scan when I found out I was having a healthy baby girl.

Mu due date was Oct 1st 2016 & I carried my baby full term n over due n was induced n I had my baby girl 2 wks exactly late on Oct 15th 2016. I had an epidural n there was complications where I was mayb going to have ** section so they rushed me to theatre just in case but luckily was able to have my baby naturally. .. it was a hard traumatic labour after being in labour for 48 hrs n then me n my baby girl hadto stay Iin hospital another 3 days.. but she was n is healthy.

My daughter is called Arielle & she's my 3rd time lucky miricale rainbow baby. She's amazing n beautiful & she's 4 months old in 5 days on Feb 15th... its challenging n hard work being a mum to a little baby. But I love being a mum & she's an amazing & happy & healthy baby girl n I'm so lucky to have her... me & my bf know how lucky we both are.

Anyway I can't wait to hear how u get on tomo... n I'm here for any support u continue to need throughout ur pregnancy.

Toni (Princess Pink) x x

Ella13

Post by Ella13 »

Hi Sarah, congratulations on your pregnancy :)
Can I ask did your abdomen pain ever go away?
My ectopic was in August 2016 and I'm still suffering badly with daily pain 6 months on from the laparoscopy in my abdomen and pelvis especially in my left side (tubeless side)
Tests are not showing a thing and I'm being referred to see another gyne as the one locally said it sounds like Ibs (even though I have no symptoms of Ibs type pain).

It's so frustrating being in daily pain :( xx

SarahxXx 1

Post by SarahxXx 1 »

princess pink wrote:Hey Sarah, It's been ages since I spoke to u on here & u sure have been through so much. I'm glad u didn't need to have IVF in the end n that u have had the wonderful miricale of getting pregnant with a healthy baby... its amazing news n I'm so pleased for u ;) Massive Congratulations to u :) I'm so happy for u that uv had healthy scans.

Il be thinking of u tomo at ur scan. .. I wish u luck but I know ul be fine & it be wonderful for u to find out if ur having a boy or a girl. Let me know how u get on please n don't worry all will be fine & il be praying for u ;)

Since I spoke to u I had my 3rd scan at 17 wks preg n was abke to have a normal scan on my tummy & told all was healthy & well & I got to see my baby on the screen. .. I cried with relief. I had to wait for my 20 wks scan when I found out I was having a healthy baby girl.

Mu due date was Oct 1st 2016 & I carried my baby full term n over due n was induced n I had my baby girl 2 wks exactly late on Oct 15th 2016. I had an epidural n there was complications where I was mayb going to have ** section so they rushed me to theatre just in case but luckily was able to have my baby naturally. .. it was a hard traumatic labour after being in labour for 48 hrs n then me n my baby girl hadto stay Iin hospital another 3 days.. but she was n is healthy.

My daughter is called Arielle & she's my 3rd time lucky miricale rainbow baby. She's amazing n beautiful & she's 4 months old in 5 days on Feb 15th... its challenging n hard work being a mum to a little baby. But I love being a mum & she's an amazing & happy & healthy baby girl n I'm so lucky to have her... me & my bf know how lucky we both are.

Anyway I can't wait to hear how u get on tomo... n I'm here for any support u continue to need throughout ur pregnancy.

Toni (Princess Pink) x x

Hi Princess pink, it's Sarah! I have had trouble revisiting my account it has been so long , I'm sorry I never kept you up to date, am so happy for you, congratulations on the birth of your daughter and what a beautiful name, my little girl was born on 12/07/17 I called her Scarlette, and if you can believe it I had her little brother Jacob on 28/12/18 !! I am truly blessed, I know this is random to post after all this time but I wanted to thankyou for being there for me at one of the darkest times of my life, I remembered the forum as I was trying to comfort a lady on fb who had suffered an ectopic a week ago and wow does it bring it all back, I still think about my ectopic and what may have been but I am stronger now and am so blessed to have a family of my own, me and ant are still going strong and adore our two little ones, please if anyone is still reading this thread and is going through a loss please know I am proof you can make it out the other side, things will get better and time is a great healer, anyway I'm rambling, love to all of you ladies you are so strong and are all an inspiration xxx

SarahxXx 1

Post by SarahxXx 1 »

Ella13 wrote:Hi Sarah, congratulations on your pregnancy :)
Can I ask did your abdomen pain ever go away?
My ectopic was in August 2016 and I'm still suffering badly with daily pain 6 months on from the laparoscopy in my abdomen and pelvis especially in my left side (tubeless side)
Tests are not showing a thing and I'm being referred to see another gyne as the one locally said it sounds like Ibs (even though I have no symptoms of Ibs type pain).

It's so frustrating being in daily pain :( xx
Hi ella, I'm so sorry I never got back to you and it's crazy to reply after all this time, I'm sorry you were still in pain I hope you have been able to get some answers and are better now, my pain carried on and I went under for another laparoscopy they diagnosed me with endometriosis( that's also misdiagnosed a lot for ibs) it can only be found through a laparoscopy as it can not be seen in a normal scan, I'm due another operation soon as the pain is getting worse, thankyou for your kind words to me, wish you all the best xx