By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

One sided back pain at 3 weeks.

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Char76

One sided back pain at 3 weeks.

Post by Char76 »

Hi I hope someone can help me answer my query.

I had an ectopic pregnancy last year and had my right tube removed at 6.5 weeks. I had not had many symptoms on the lead up to my scan apart from mild cramps on one side and one excruciating sharp pain one night and was referred to the EPAU that week where it was discovered I had a ruptured tube and an ectopic pregnancy. I had emergency surgery that day.

We have been trying again for a baby and I think I am pregnant. I have not done a test yet as it is too early but I am now at 10 DPO and have developed one sided lower back pain just above my hip on my remaining tube side.

I'm terrified I have another ectopic pregnancy. Has anyone had any experience of this? I have had mild cramps in the middle as well as on one side.

Any comments would be appreciated xx

fforde

Re: One sided back pain at 3 weeks.

Post by fforde »

I'm no doctor, but that sounds a bit like the pain I had when I had a kidney infection. The tubes that connect your kidney to your bladder go around the back and when i had an infection in these tubes it hurt like [heck]. Have you experienced any other urinary tract infection-type symptoms? Once again, I'm no doctor... but don't worry just yet.

Char76

Post by Char76 »

Thank you for your reply fforde. I did think it could be a kidney infection but don't have any other UT infection symptoms. I always jump to worst case scenario!! I will test again in a few days to see if I get a positive result.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Char76,
As fforde, has mentioned, we can experience abdominal and back pain for many reasons and I would suggest visiting your GP.
I understand completely how you feel however, when we fell pregnant after our ectopic pregnancy, I didn't start to relax until the 6week scan.

Whilst I do not wish to alarm you, if you experience any bleeding, worsening pain or feel light-headed or unwell please seek urgent medical attention.

Sending much love and positive thoughts,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Char76

Post by Char76 »

Thanks all for your help. Just been to out if hours as the pain got worse and it turns out I had a urine infection. Feel a bit stupid but I think any pain after you have had an ectopic is definitely worth getting help/medical advice on. On antibiotics now.

lindseynicole010

Post by lindseynicole010 »

A variety of clinical trials as well as research reports published in renowned medical journals revealed that presently, the best and good therapy for the management as well as treatment of fibromyalgia is physiotherapy. Usual physiotherapy session helps in decreasing to the pain attacks as well as resolving to tenderness along the muscles and additional soft tissues. Offenbächer discussed in his research report that physiotherapy in fibromyalgia patients is assist full in treating the consequences of fibromyalgia (that are also the potential triggers of pain) like sleeping issues, exhaustion syndrome as well as de-conditioning muscle weakness. Thanks& regards,
Lindsey nicole
Physical Therapy Skokie | Physical Rehabilitation skokie