By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Really Scared

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Vmk

Really Scared

Post by Vmk »

Hi
So I found out I was pregnant a week ago today only by chance as was spotting after my 'period' since then had 2 scans (Fri and yesterday) and bloods and they have said that my hcg levels only raised by 50% in 48hr instead of doubled and they saw a mass in my right tube so have told me it's eptopic and I have to go bk today for injection.

So scared as first pregnancy and as I didn't even miss a period I have no idea how pregnant I am or what's going to happen, scared they have got something wrong and scared that might effect getting pregnant again as in 30s now.

Do I need someone to come with me today when have injection?
Any advice I would be grateful

Lynette

Re: Really Scared

Post by Lynette »

U will need support hun xxx atleast you have caught the pregnancy early enough to not have to have your tube removed I did xxx your fertility shouldn't be affected as you have working ovaries it's just one of those sad situations we go on to have normal pregnancies your time will come xxxxxx

Lynette

Post by Lynette »

U will need support hun xxx atleast you have caught the pregnancy early enough to not have to have your tube removed I did xxx your fertility shouldn't be affected as you have working ovaries it's just one of those sad situations we go on to have normal pregnancies your time will come xxxxxx

Vmk

Post by Vmk »

Thanks - just so overwhelmed - I'm not in a relationship with father - well it's very early days anyway - and he works away so can't be here and none of my close friends can come with me. I feel like I should add this was not a planned pregnancy and I was taking the pill but now worring that's because I was on pill it's my fault that it has gone this way :(
Also scared that as I don't know how pregnant I am that they have got it wrong (I know they can't see a healthy baby before 6 weeks but don't know when it's eptopic) it's all happening so quickly but I'm assuming they r sure because of the hcg level?
Just so confused

Lynette

Post by Lynette »

I was on the pill when I had my ectopic it's not your fault you were taking the pill to prevent pregnancy so it's not your fault!!!! U can't think like that xx there's nothing to stop you having a baby when you are ready you need to be brave this sight helped me alot u will go through all the emotions once you have had your treatment ask questions to put your mind at rest xxxx

Lynette

Post by Lynette »

I will be thinking about you today and I will be right by your side through thaughts message me later if u need to chat big hugs x lynette x

Vmk

Post by Vmk »

Thank you xxx

jkrier84

Post by jkrier84 »

Hi VMK,

I am so sorry to hear! How are you holding up? I will be thinking about you today while you go through your injection. I had the injection as well. Please let me know how you are feeling in the next few days.

Also, like Lynette said, none of this is your fault! It is not your fault because you were being cautious and on the pill. It is not your fault because it is unplanned. You did not cause this. It simply happened (which I hate to say because I hated when the doctor told me that, too, but it's true).

Take care of yourself and let any of us here know if you need to talk.

Jenna

Lynette

Post by Lynette »

Hi Jenny thank go for for this sight lol it's been a great help to me with ppl who have gone through it aswell I unfortunately lost my ovarie and tube I'm glad both of u never the recovery not very nice xxx I'm a bit ov a wrek at the minute but all I keep reminding myself is that I only had 24hrs to live that stabelises me a little but I like to come on here and give people my advice judged by my journey xxx

Vmk

Post by Vmk »

Thank u for the support ladies just to know I'm not alone in having this has been so helpful! Xx
had the injection now - was slightly shocked at number of possible side effects but trying to deal with the physical side of things as still a bit numb emotionally at the moment

Lynette

Post by Lynette »

Bless xxxx here if u need us xxx x

jkrier84

Post by jkrier84 »

Can we also just talk about how sometimes you need to get the shots in the bum? I'm already emotionally off my rocker and now I need to bend over with my Vagina in the air? Waiting for an injection in each cheek? I made the nurse laugh because I was so over it at that point I made some slightly inappropriate comments... it was the only way I could get through!

I had no pain for 2 days and then it all hit me. But we're all different! Just listen to your body. :)

Lynette

Post by Lynette »

How are you today xxx

Vmk

Post by Vmk »

Hi I'm ok I think although my bleeding has got heavier no sickness or pain but nurse did say they will be after a few days
Managed to have a chat with the dad last night as he called which was good and he going to try to get back at weekend but at same time has made me feel really alone today - sorry probably sounds like I'm never happy!
I just wish this wasn't happening ☹️

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Vmk,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal, whether the pregnancy was planned or not.

I know that when I had my ectopic pregnancy I also looked for a reason and almost automatically we tend to blame ourselves. From the bottom of my heart, there is nothing you could have done to prevent the ectopic pregnancy from happening. As the ladies have kindly also mentioned, I cannot emphasise enough - you are not to blame. Please be kind to yourself.

Some hospitals are better than others in the information given after methotraxate injection but we have information on our website if you need any more-
http://www.ectopic.org.uk/patients/treatment/

There is no time frame for how long it takes us to heal emotionally and it is completely normal to feel anxious about the future. We will never forget our pregnancy or babies but we can learn to accept what has happened and crucially understand that it wasn't our fault.
We will all be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Vmk

Post by Vmk »

Thank u for all Ur support. Had first lot of bloods today and result is hormone level going down which is good but also made me cry and get really upset. Guess it's actually sunk in now what has happened and that even tho it was not planned or expected this is not the ending I would of liked ☹️

molly23

Post by molly23 »

three month of my pregnancy were difficult for me,because as we all know the level of hormones in your blood has reached its maximum, that’s why morning sickness, nausea, vomiting and tiredness won’t become stronger and, on the contrary, have already started to subside. But changeable mood can remain even at this stage. Your breasts and belly can swell a bit, so you can boldly go to the store for future mothers and get more comfortable clothes.http://motherhow.com/3-months-pregnant/ ; The uterus is growing week by week and by the end of the month it fills the whole pelvic area.