By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Confused HELP

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Megan18

Confused HELP

Post by Megan18 »

So today after 3 years of trying and 1 still birth and miscarriage I had the devastating news of being told they can find no baby I had spotting 6 days ago now and it comes and goes no pain what so ever I have had my hcg levels tested and they are still going up but they think something going on with my left tube but I have had no symptoms of an ectopic?? They are going to re scan in 48hrs to confirm if this is the case before intervention I don’t know if I should be grieving or preparing I am going out of my mind

EctopicPUL

Re: Confused HELP

Post by EctopicPUL »

Hey, sorry you’re here and I know you’re panicking - I did too but you’re going to be okay. Whatever happens.

Can I ask - how far along are you? I believe under 6 weeks or under certain levels of hcg it can be difficult to locate.

Are the hcg levels doubling or going up particularly slow or fast?

I also had a pregnancy of Unknown Location - which turned out to be the left tube too!

I didn’t have any pain early on either. I’m no medical expert. Just someone who has been where you are a few weeks ago. Mine did turn out to be ectopic. Because my hcg levels were not at the level expected for the gestation, the pregnancy was naturally ending (although the hcg went up and down for a few weeks just to drive me a little bonkers!)

The age, size, hcg level and speed it’s changing and also your preference will decide treatment options available to you. Don’t be afraid to ask them questions. You may be monitored for a while. Have you got someone understanding at home with you? I say that, but I didn’t but I know how I felt in this situation - just remember you’re going to be okay.

I tend to bob back and forth onto this board, Reading other peoples stories helps me consolidate my own. If you reply I will probably see it within a few hours. Don’t panic, you’re not alone, and whatever happens you will deal with it X

Also whilst you’re on notice there may be something not ideal going on, equally many people spot early on.

X

X

Megan18

Post by Megan18 »

Thank you for replying x I am around 6 n bit weeks it’s just wanting a definite answer to it all my hcg are doubling every 48hrs so around to where they should be x

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

That’s a good sign. It’s early so not guaranteed there is a problem. Can be difficult to see, and doubling hcg is good. Often with ectopic it can jump around a bit.

I have fibroids so it was difficult to see.

Hopefully with time your pregnancy of Unknown Location will reveal his or herself. What made them worry about your left tube?

Megan18

Post by Megan18 »

With the left tube when they were doing the scan when she moved it to the left I jumped a little and said it was uncomfortable but not painful so that’s why they are thinking left tube x

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Sounds like they’re giving good care in that they’re aware of your pain but genuinely - I used to jump and twitch when they did the scan but on the Right side - my non ectopic side. It was just painful and sore.

Whilst it’s on the table as an option, don’t rule out positive options. So difficult because you just don’t know yet. Breathe and hope for the best but just because it was sore, doesn’t mean for sure. If it is, they’re monitoring you closely, so hopefully you can have the most minimally invasive options. X

Megan18

Post by Megan18 »

Thank you for your kind words I hope you are doing well after everything you have been through yourself x

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

I’m good, now, but I recognised that absolute panic and unknown. I was about 6 weeks along when it started too. But I had low hcg, by the time it was tested after a few days of bleeding it was 375, and then 245.

I found it baffling that they couldn’t see anything and aside from the stop/start spotting - I had no symptoms.

I’ve read loads of these boards over the past couple of months though and people do have successful pregnancies that are initially of Unknown Location. So all is not lost. But if it isn’t viable, you WILL cope. I was so caught off guard i just panicked but I want you to know you’re not alone - you have friends, family and... forums lol

Megan18

Post by Megan18 »

Thank god for forums I don’t know where I’d be without them I have met and talked with many wonderful ladies we all stick together and help each other out I have everything crossed for Sunday in the last hope xx

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Will be thinking of you. Do give us an update. It’s a strange thing but it is a community. It’s helped me process the subsequent feelings knowing I’m not alone. Try and rest tomorrow and hide from it for s day or so. Will be sending all positive thoughts your way. Be prepared they may also say - come back in ANOTHER 48hrs. This always shocked me as I was prepared for either all is a-ok to ok let’s treat this.

Hang in there

Megan18

Post by Megan18 »

So today it was confirmed ectopic having the Methotrexate injection tomorrow really scared as to what will happen

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Im sorry it’s gone that way. Whats your hcg Level?

Megan18

Post by Megan18 »

My hcg was 1800

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

How was the injection? Hoping you’re okay X

Megan18

Post by Megan18 »

Sore bum lol but only got a few little aches rather than pains at min feeling a bit low but that’s ok il give myself time

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Glad youre okay. As you have a sore ‘bum’ are you a Brit in the USA or an American who understands a ‘bum’ ? Lol

Happy new year x

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Megan18,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and losses. To experience one loss is difficult to deal with multiple losses is heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you.
We have more information on our website about treatment with methotrexate:
https://www.ectopic.org.uk/patients/treatment/

Above all, be kind to yourself, allow time to grieve and heal and please use these forums for as long as you need. We are all here for you.

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Megan18

Post by Megan18 »

So today levels have risen dramatically to 4000 been told to prepare for a second dose or possible surgery :(