By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ovulation

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Lara aherne

Ovulation

Post by Lara aherne »

Hi everyone. First time posting on the site so not really sure how it all works but I'm just looking for some advice really and to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I had ectopic surgery 11 days ago with my left tube removed :cry: sorry in advance for TMI but I started to bleed 3 days later and bled for 6 days. Yesterday it finished and I'm feeling ok?? However ive just been to the toilet and noticed some stretchy almost stringy cervical mucus. Is it too early for me to be ovulating?
Looking forward to hearing from someone xx

EPT Host 20

Re: Ovulation

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Lara,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
I am sorry if this is a little difficult to read, the first bleed that occurs after treatment for ectopic pregnancy is not classed as a period. It is the body's response to falling hormone levels because you are sadly no longer pregnant. The body expels the lining of the uterus that had built up in preparation for the pregnancy because it is no longer needed. This process involves vaginal bleeding - it can be clotty or like one of your usual periods and some women have bleeding/spotting for up to six weeks.

Before you can have a period you have to ovulate. It is possible to ovulate within 14 days after surgical treatment so it is possible to become pregnant without having a proper period first if you are not using some form of contraception.
As a gentle reminder regarding conceiving again, we and many medical professionals advise waiting for two menstrual cycles. It is important to allow time for your body to recover and emotions to surface and be worked through. This is so that you have some comfort that your body is returning to its natural rhythm and you have a last menstrual period date from which to date a new pregnancy - key information in checking you are not suffering from an ectopic pregnancy in the future. The first bleed soon after surgery for ectopic pregnancy is not classed as a period as it is the body's response to falling hormone levels.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Lara aherne

Post by Lara aherne »

Karen
Thank you so much for your reply. Its been a tough 2 weeks but I know I'm going to be ok. Hopefully my body has started to make the slow process of returning to normal and if I am ovulating now, for once in my life I will look forward to my first period in maybe 2 weeks time.
I really appreciate your reply.
Lesley

priyateke

Post by priyateke »

Thanks fro giving regular updates.and well known solutions.well done :)

Savnisharma

Post by Savnisharma »

Excellent thread! I got valuable information here. Thank you!

Raveeshjji

Post by Raveeshjji »

Thanks fro giving regular updates

Tara2

Post by Tara2 »

Hi Lara,
Sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy , I am now 3 weeks post op following left tube removal and I also experienced the jelly like discharge - If your period comes in the next couple of weeks I assume it was you ovulating ? I’m waiting for my first period also , having just had a light bleed for around 10 days post op.
Hope you a speedy recovery
Take care x

Raj120p1

Post by Raj120p1 »

Thanks fro giving best updates

Aviyo1

Post by Aviyo1 »

Great Information.Thanks for sharing

Aviyo1

Post by Aviyo1 »

best updates. [url removed per Trust policy]

Raveeshjji

Post by Raveeshjji »

[url removed per Trust policy]
read others' experiences or do both.

Abatross

Post by Abatross »

This happened to me this week too, except im post methotrexate! I never noticed ovulation discharge before but it would make sense as my hcg levels hit non pregnant levels last week... so am also going to be looking out to see if I get my period in 2 weeks.