By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pain when bladder empties

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Honey79

Pain when bladder empties

Post by Honey79 »

Hi,

I am week post surgery for an ectopic pregnancy and the removal of my left tube. Like for all of us on here, it’s been an emotional time, made more difficult as the pregnancy occurred after an ivf fresh embryo transfer.

Over the last few days I’ve noticed an increasing pain as my bladder empties while I pee. It starts off fine and then starts to become painful as my bladder empties. It then takes a short while to normalise. I am not quite sure who to see or in fact if this is something common that will pass. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thank you

NinjaPenguin

Re: Pain when bladder empties

Post by NinjaPenguin »

Hiya I get this (currently being treated with methotrexate). I'd describe it as a really uncomfortable pressure. I meanted to the nurse at my weekly blood test and she didnt seem concerned, but i would get interested to know what causes it. Sorry I'm not much help, just wanted you to know you're not alone.

NinjaPenguin

Post by NinjaPenguin »

*mentioned it

EPT Host 22

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Honey79,

I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss, sadly I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your situation. Particularly following surgery, I recommend following up with your GP or surgical team and reporting the symptom. They'd be able to provide the best course of advice and action.

With good wishes,

Michele

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, by volunteering, or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

LadyBear

Post by LadyBear »

Wow I thought I was the only one with this symptom. I had the same! For me I think it actually began a month or two before I fell pregnant and then fluctuated up and down becoming the worst after my laparoscopic surgery. I had NO other symptoms like blood in urine, frequency, urgency, burning, etc. It just felt like deep bladder pain almost like the shrinking of the muscle with emptying caused it to hurt. The resident didn’t understand it. Urinalysis for UTI and a couple STIs came back negative. It went away completely in about a month. So weird.

NinjaPenguin

Post by NinjaPenguin »

I just mentioned it to my nurse again at my weekly methotrexate blood test. She didnt seem concerned at all, just asked if there was any burning or stinging and when I said no she sort of just shrugged.

Nancy23

Post by Nancy23 »

I know this is old but thought my reply might help. Had emergency laparoscopy (Easter Sunday!) followed by methotrexate as nothing was found in surgery. Still somewhere between PUL/ectopic with levels at approx 5000 however, just got my day 7 bloods back and they have dropped by 19% so some "good" news. finally.

I had this exact thing, worried I'd gained a UTI too. The staff in the EPU knew exactly what I was talking about. Something to do with them shrinking my bladder during surgery to work/see better. Can cause mild nerve damage. Probably would have resolved itself soon but a prescription of Colpermin, Buscopan and paracetamol (as I also had rectal spasms) sorted me a treat.

x