By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Hair loss and skin issues

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LadyBear

Hair loss and skin issues

Post by LadyBear »

Hi all,
Has anybody had hair loss and/or acne since having their ectopic pregnancy? Any suggestions or ideas on when it might stop?
As soon as I had my surgery I had mild acne pop up on my face and just won’t go away no matter what I try (very unusual for me). It’s also on my shoulders and back a bit.
More concerning is my hair loss! I actually think it really started falling out (or breaking? I think both) about 2 weeks ago when my beta levels finally went down all the way.
Maybe these are “postpartum” symptoms?

EPT Host 22

Re: Hair loss and skin issues

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi LadyBear,

I'm so sorry to hear you've suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. I'm not medically qualified, so cannot comment on your specific situation. However, with the decrease in hormones following an ectopic pregnancy, our bodies may react in different ways. As well, ectopic pregnancy and surgery is a traumatic and stressful situation for our bodies and emotions, and your body may be reacting to stress from the events. I always recommend following up with your GP if the condition causes you on-going concern and for peace of mind.

With good wishes,

Michele

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, fundraising, or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team