By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

HCG levels after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Tilly1

HCG levels after ectopic

Post by Tilly1 »

3 weeks 2 days ago I had surgery to remove ectopic pregnancy and left tube.. I went and had bloods done 2 weeks post op and they told me my hcg level was at 15. I have taken a home test out of curiosity a couple of times, last time I was sure it was negative but I took one today and it looks like a faint positive. I’m really confused about how long it should take my hcg level to reach 0? I would have thought at such a low level over a week ago that by now it’d be gone

Tilly1

Re: HCG levels after ectopic

Post by Tilly1 »

Tilly1 wrote:3 weeks 2 days ago I had surgery to remove ectopic pregnancy and left tube.. I went and had bloods done 2 weeks post op and they told me my hcg level was at 15. I have taken a home test out of curiosity a couple of times, last time I was sure it was negative but I took one today and it looks like a faint positive. I’m really confused about how long it should take my hcg level to reach 0? I would have thought at such a low level over a week ago that by now it’d be gone

Sm2304

Post by Sm2304 »

Hi my hcg levels after my ectopic surgery after 3 weeks is 15, my gp said its normal but iv requested another blood test

Tilly1

Post by Tilly1 »

Mine were 15 after 2 weeks which is what’s confusing me now.. I just thought at 2 weeks with a level of 15 that it’d be completely gone now after over a week from my last blood test

Sm2304

Post by Sm2304 »

Hi, yeh i understand what ur saying, i was surprised mine were 15, my gp said its normal after an ectopic pregnancy, but iv requested another blood test as im confused, i’m getting the results back monday so i will let you know.

Sm2304

Post by Sm2304 »

Hi i got my blood results back today, my hcg has dropped to 5, they said im definitely not pregnant, why not ask ur gp to do another blood test

Tilly1

Post by Tilly1 »

I think I will this coming week, just to be reassured.. such a long process to handle physically and emotionally! Just ready to be back to normal

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Tilly1,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Following ectopic pregnancy, it can take a few weeks for hCG levels to fall to non pregnant levels, which may explain your positive pregnancy test.
Your surgery was under a month ago and it maybe possible that blood tests are still showing hCG from ectopic pregnancy. However, as I am not medically trained I am unable to comment on specific advice, so I would continue to chat to your GP and request another blood test to ensure it continues to fall.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team