By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

waiting for IVF after EP

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Rinja

waiting for IVF after EP

Post by Rinja »

Hi all,
My husband and I recently lost our pregnancy and one of my tubes due to EP in week 6.
I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis early this year where they found a lot of endometriosis including both tubes affected with one blocked with negative dye test and one the surgeon was able to open up with fibrioplasty. Our surgeon referred us straight away to the fertility clinic as in her opinion it would be unlikely for us to get pregnant. Our fertility consultant told us not to despair but to try for 6 months and the opt for IVF if it wouldn't work. So over 7 months later and a few days after we saw our consultant to agree to IVF, we had our BFP! Unfortunately just over a week later I had to have emergency surgery as it was in the tube they were able to unblock... I lost the tube and as previously the surgeon was quite concerned about my remaining tube and again said we wouldn't conceive with it.

Our fertility consultant said we should focus on the positive: that our egg and sperm seem to be compatible and that we can discuss further steps in 7-8 weeks once I am better and my cycle has returned.

So here we are... I'm physically recovering quickly as with my previous surgery, but we are devastated and sad with only one wish... to get on with the IVF as soon as possible.

Does anyone have experience with IVF shortly after ectopic? I just couldn't face the wait of another 3 months as we have waited so long already.

EPT Host 22

Re: waiting for IVF after EP

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Rinja,

I am so sorry to hear all you have gone through and that you have suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. As I'm not medically qualified, I cannot comment on your specific situation. I know that we can be eager to move forward after suffering these losses, but I also encourage you to take enough time to heal both physically and emotionally. You have been through a lot and it is okay to take as much time as you need to recover. Please know we are here for you anytime and for as long as you need as you continue through this journey.

With good wishes,

Michele

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, fundraising, or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

portland24

Post by portland24 »

Waiting sounds really hard. Have your providers told you how long you should wait so that way you know what to expect?

I definitely feel the pressure of my biological clock after 2 ectopics in a way that I don't think I would have otherwise. I've had friends who struggled with miscarriages for a few years before they had their first healthy pregnancies, even though it is different they are still pregnancy losses, so I don't feel so alone knowing their situations - especially since one is older than me.

Rinja

Post by Rinja »

Thanks Michele and Portland24 for your replies.

We spoke with our fertility consultant and he said to get back in touch by the end of October to plan ahead.
My feeling is that as soon as AF is back I would at least want to go ahead with the planning. We qualify for one fresh NHS round, so as long as I know we are starting well on this side of Christmas I'd feel more at ease.

I'm just not good at being patient, but I guess there are some things I can't change or speed up. It's just so difficult trying not to think what could have been.