By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Anyone similar?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Bethney

Anyone similar?

Post by Bethney »

I’m just wondering if anybodies got any positive stories for me.....I’m currently two days late and the last few months (I’m two years after ectopic) I’ve been pretty regular....I took a pregnancy test this morning and it came back negative :( however I’m showing now signs of my period arriving, I’ve got the odd pain here and there on my side where my remaining tube is...but it’s not like a crampy pain. Not getting my hopes up however I’m just wondering if anybody on here has took a test and had a false negative? I’m hoping that’s what’s happened to me however I’m not getting my hopes up but would like to try and remain optimistic. I’m going to do another test if nothing appears by Thursday so fingers crossed!

MiniJay

Re: Anyone similar?

Post by MiniJay »

Hi. I am currently in a very similar position, had an ectopic pregnancy earlier this year. For the last few months have had fairly regular periods and today i am 5 days late. I have done a test and it has come back negative. I am also having the odd pain but can't distinguish whether they are pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy pains. :?
I really hope that you do a test next week and it comes back positive. Fingers crossed for you.

Bethney

Post by Bethney »

MiniJay wrote:Hi. I am currently in a very similar position, had an ectopic pregnancy earlier this year. For the last few months have had fairly regular periods and today i am 5 days late. I have done a test and it has come back negative. I am also having the odd pain but can't distinguish whether they are pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy pains. :?
I really hope that you do a test next week and it comes back positive. Fingers crossed for you.
It’s horrible trying to guess what your bodies doing. It took me ages to get a regular cycle but even now I still panic at times. I’m hoping it is a false negative but not hoping if that makes sense too.....don’t want to get my hopes up.
Fingers crossed you get the result you want too!

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Bethney,
Periods can be delayed for a number of reasons including stress or even (as surprising as it may sound) excessive exercise or weight loss. Doctors normally consider menstrual cycles of between 23-42 days to be within normal parameters. If you have not had your expected period, we would advise retesting, using an early morning urine sample in a further week.
As you have been TTC, while I do not want to alarm you, if you experience any pain or unusual bleeding, please do get medical attention as soon as you can. If it has been 42 days since the first day of your last menstrual period, please talk to your GP who maybe able to assist you further.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Bethney

Post by Bethney »

EPT Host 20 wrote:Dear Bethney,
Periods can be delayed for a number of reasons including stress or even (as surprising as it may sound) excessive exercise or weight loss. Doctors normally consider menstrual cycles of between 23-42 days to be within normal parameters. If you have not had your expected period, we would advise retesting, using an early morning urine sample in a further week.
As you have been TTC, while I do not want to alarm you, if you experience any pain or unusual bleeding, please do get medical attention as soon as you can. If it has been 42 days since the first day of your last menstrual period, please talk to your GP who maybe able to assist you further.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team
Thanks for the reply...! I’m going to give it until Thursday and retest if it hasn’t appeared. I’ve now gone to the other extreme as when I had my first ectopic every test I took was negative so never thought that was what was happening. Even test at doctors was negative. I feel I’m more aware of different pains this week. I’m trying not to read too much into it however it’s hard not too. Wish I knew what my body was doing at times

Bethney

Post by Bethney »

Sadly it hasn’t meant to be this month....it’s like my body is trying to upset me. However I’m now wondering....has anybody ever had the [drug which will stimulate egg production] injections and been successful? This is my next course of treatment to start but just wondering what people’s opinions are on this?

Thanks in advance