By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic surgery yesterday. Severe pain.

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Nicola1990

Ectopic surgery yesterday. Severe pain.

Post by Nicola1990 »

Hello first time posting. I had my ectopic pregnancy surgery y.day both baby and left tube removed. I am really struggling with the pain. I cannot even cough. Move. Nothing. No pain relief is helping. I also have the worst back ache. Is all this normal? I don’t feel I should have been sent home less than 24hrs after surgery. I’m so scared I’m going to internally bleed or something going wrong. Surely they keep you in if you can’t cope with the pain? I’m so scared any advice? Tips? Anything? I’m desperate.

Nicola1990

Re: Ectopic surgery yesterday. Severe pain.

Post by Nicola1990 »

Nicola1990 wrote:Hello first time posting. I had my ectopic pregnancy surgery y.day both baby and left tube removed. I am really struggling with the pain. I cannot even cough. Move. Nothing. No pain relief is helping. I also have the worst back ache. Is all this normal? I don’t feel I should have been sent home less than 24hrs after surgery. I’m so scared I’m going to internally bleed or something going wrong. Surely they keep you in if you can’t cope with the pain? I’m so scared any advice? Tips? Anything? I’m desperate.

GentleSoul918

Post by GentleSoul918 »

I had the same procedure done on Monday. I was in pain for two days. I could barely move. By Thursday I was getting up and down smoothly with very little pain. Today I have cramps and I started bleeding. I am not sure if this is normal.

Erin_

Post by Erin_ »

Hi, I had surgery back in November left tube removed too. I was in awful pain for a few days could barely move had to be helped to move around the house. After this time the pain eased but was still there for a good few weeks. Try and take it as easy as possible. I had bleeding that week too, I was told by the hospital that if the bleeding was extremely heavy then to go back. I was checked over and all was fine but if you’re worried give them a call, even if it’s for reassurance, I hope you’re not in this pain much longer

Nicola1990

Post by Nicola1990 »

Thank you for your replies. I’ve woken up even worse. Think a trip back to hospital for me today. Iv had 5 children and can cope with pain but this is unbearable. Not had a minute to even process everything that’s happened. I had a scan and was straight down to theatre as my tube had ruptured being 6weeks gone. Feel so selfish that Iv only thought of myself and my pain and not the baby we lost :cry:

Erin_

Post by Erin_ »

I hope you get on ok at the hospital. It’s such a horrible experience and like you said no time to process anything, everything happens so quickly. Please don’t feel selfish for worrying about your pain, I can totally understand though. Look after yourself x

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Nicola1990,
As the ladies have rightly mentioned, it is common to experience pain after surgery, however if it is worsening and you are not able to manage the pain with over the counter medication or by taking medication given to you upon discharge from hospital, we would always advise seeking urgent medical advice.
Sending much love,
Karen x
The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Nicola1990

Post by Nicola1990 »

Thank you for your replies. I suffered a heavy blood loss and low blood pressure that’s now stable. I’m now back home resting. Dosed up and on the mend. How fantastic is the nhs may I add. :D

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Nicola1990,
I am glad to hear you are back home and recovering. Remember we will be here for as long as you need.
Sending much love,
Karen x

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Alex_Tomlins

Post by Alex_Tomlins »

Hi Nicola, how are you feeling now? I had surgery yesterday morning and like you it feels so weird to be home 24 hours later. I feel at a real loss too, like these last few days have been such a blur and now I’m back home, in pain, and my life has suddenly taken a completely different turn than what it was supposed too be. At this point it seems weird to think about moving on and getting on with it. I hope you are feeling better ❤️

Lola2468

Post by Lola2468 »

I had emergency surgery on monday evening after what I was told.was a misscarrige. Started bleeding on Christmas eve 2019...new somrthinng was wrong so did a test and was positive.had severe left sided pain,, was referred to early pregnacy unit,, where they dif 48 hour blood tests. My hcg levels were going up but very slowly,,, rhwy did an ultrasound scan and gave me an image of a gestational sac!!..Then all of a sudden 48 hours later hcg dropped down, another scan,, and couldnt see a viable.gestational sac.!!. A week later.,(This monday). I had to go back for another blood test which indicated hat they shot back up. Referred me for an emergency scan, nothing showing in uterus but showed growth in fallopian tube. Confirmed ectopic, ,,went for sugery monday night.. has left tube and part ovary taken away. Since then I am bed ridden
. Cant move, cough, without excruciating pain..., bleeding went to a&e this morning , who gave me narproxen,, and said if not better fo back to where had op done
Still no better,, but I think I'm.being over dramatic if I go back... anyone else suffered from.constant pain afterwards?xxx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear lola2468,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Sadly I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your symptoms and pain is very subjective which makes it difficult to advise you safely. Therefore we would always advise that if you are not able to manage the pain with over the counter pain relief or medications that have been prescribed for you, to seek urgent medical advice.

Sending much love,
Karen x