By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Period has not returned 4 months after methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Aoife

Period has not returned 4 months after methotrexate

Post by Aoife »

Hi there,

I’m just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I was successfully treated with methotrexate at the end of August and I have still not had a period. I’ve had all my bloods checked but they are all normal! They were irregular anyway so maybe that’s a factor too? Thanks so much.

EPT Host 20

Re: Period has not returned 4 months after methotrexate

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Aoife,
It can take a few months for periods to return following ectopic pregnancy, I would suggest that as it has been over four months you speak to your GP or medical team.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Aoife

Post by Aoife »

I have asked my GP but I don’t think she knows a lot about it unfortunately. I might try and book in with a gynaecologist instead. Thanks Karen x

cap021463

Post by cap021463 »

HI just wanted to find out if you ever figured out the situations i am currently going through the same thing :(

Aoife

Post by Aoife »

Hi there, sorry I’ve only seen this now! It finally arrived after 5 months! I spoke to a doctor about it and they weren’t too concerned as they said it can happen to some people after the injections. Hopefully it will all level out again over the next few months! Best of luck to you, I hope you’re return to normal too x