By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Very low slow rising hcg

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
x2020x

Very low slow rising hcg

Post by x2020x »

Hi,

So on 03/01 I had a very faint positive, on 05/01 was darker but then af came, after it finished it was still positive so on

x2020x

Re: Very low slow rising hcg

Post by x2020x »

Not sure why only half of that posted!

On 07/01 I had some bloods and my hcg was 25... 09/01 30... 11/01 38... 13/01 43
Had a scan on 12/01 and nothing noted

Went back yesterday and my hcg is now 50, scan today they saw something but 2 of them could not say for definite whether it was part of the corpus luteum, bowel or if it was ectopic

Saw the dr who was keen for methotrexate but I’ve asked to hold off for now as we don’t k ow that my bloods didn’t co to us to rise last week and are in fact on the way down again, so having repeat bloods tomorrow... if still rising they’ll push methotrexate which I’m really reluctant to have

Another thing complicating it all is I’m pretty certain I’m ovulating - ewcm, high soft cervix, increased sex drive and my opk turned positive yesterday and faded back out again today... also on the scan last week my lining was 7mm but today it’s 11mm and there’s also a cyst on my left ovary which wasn’t there before, I’ve been feeling it for 2 days! We’ve been having unprotected sex so that’s another thing that is really putting me off the methotrexate as if by some miracle I am actually ovulating, what if I conceive (I’m obviously not going to have any more unprotected sex from now just in case)

My levels are so low and if they did see something it’s not in a tube, my gut tells me it will resolve on its own... what do you all think?

EPT Host 20

Re: Very low slow rising hcg

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear x2020x,
Sadly I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your symptoms.
If scans are inconclusive, doctors would carry out a series of blood tests to check hCG levels to see if the numbers are rising as expected. However, in isolation, hCG tests only provide a part of the picture - declining levels indicate that a pregnancy has ended and will be miscarried. It can also possibly indicate an ectopic pregnancy that is "self-resolving". Also hCG levels rising by less than 66% over 48 hours means it is likely (but not certain) that it is ectopic. If levels rise normally, they suggest the pregnancy is implanted in the uterus. You may see from this that hCG levels only indicate certain possibilities and are not in themselves a definitive guide. A positive identification of an implanted embryo on a scan is usually needed before a final diagnosis/certainty that the pregnancy has implanted in the uterus.
I would therefore advise that you speak to your medical team about your concerns. I would always advise that if you experience any abdominal pain, shoulder tip pain, unusual bleeding or feel dizzy and unwell, please seek urgent medical advice.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

This is possibly the reason why your doctors are waiting until your appointment to carry out scans and tests.