By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heartbroken, I feel lost.

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
araalc91

Heartbroken, I feel lost.

Post by araalc91 »

I shared with my best friend that my husband and had been trying to get pregnant for 6 months and had been unsuccessful. 2 months later she texted me her BFP, at first I was so happy for her and something told me to take a pregnancy test and there in my amazement was my BFP. Now at 7 weeks exactly like her I have been having right side pain and light spotting I went to the ER and they told me it might me an ectopic pregnancy, but it was too early to know since they couldn't find anything on ultrasound. Here I am feeling guilty for not answering my friends calls and avoiding her since I found out my pregnancy might be an ectopic while her pregnancy is going great. I try to not feel this way but I just think if mine does end up being an ectopic, then everytime I see her child I'm going to be heartbroken because my precious baby would be the same age.

EPT Host 20

Re: Heartbroken, I feel lost.

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear araalc91,
I am so sorry to hear of the worrying time you are going through.
I know you have read my reply on the other post you have commented on mentioning that feeling this way is completely normal and I do understand you not wanting to be with your friend right now.
If you are concerned your friend will be upset that you are avoiding her, you could tell her what is happening so she has some understanding, even if you do not want to be in close contact with her at this stage.
I am sending positive thoughts for a good outcome for you but we will be hear to lean on if needed.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team
EPT Host 20