By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Low rising hcg levels no pain or bleeding

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kaydance03

Low rising hcg levels no pain or bleeding

Post by Kaydance03 »

I was bleeding for 10 days thinking it was my period went to doctors and found out I was pregnant. They referred me for bloods came up as 1400, repeated two days later 1600 and again 1800 so suspected eptopic. I've have no pain or bleeding but they cant find anything on scans, wondering if it's just too early. Can hcg levels rise that slow and continue into a normal pregnancy ? I'm in tomorrow for a laproscapy

may2019

Re: Low rising hcg levels no pain or bleeding

Post by may2019 »

My levels were low rising and I didn’t have pain or bleeding but they couldn’t find anything on the scan initially a few days later they did find it and it was ectopic. I’m not sure if they can rise slowly with a normal pregnancy I’m afraid I don't really know enough about levels but I’ve heard they’re suppose to double every 48 hours. Hopefully they can find out what’s happening with you wishing you all the very best xxx

EPT Host 20

Re: Low rising hcg levels no pain or bleeding

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Kaydance03,
I am so sorry to hear of the difficult and confusing time you are going through.
To provide an overview - with a healthy pregnancy, hCG levels typically double every 48-72 hours. If levels rise normally, they can suggest (but not give a certain answer) that the pregnancy is implanted in the uterus. HCG levels that rise by less than 66 per cent over 48 hours can mean the pregnancy may be ectopic. So while hCG levels can rise with an ectopic pregnancy this isn't necessarily at the "normal" rate. Declining levels can indicate that the pregnancy has ended - possibly a miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy that is "self resolving". You may see from this that hCG levels only indicate certain possibilities and are not in themselves a definitive guide and if you have questions, I would ask your medical team.
Whilst I do not wish to alarm you, I do have to remind you that if you experience any abdominal pain, bleeding or feel dizzy and unwell to please seek urgent medical advice.

We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x
The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team