By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

2nd eptopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Keeks01_

2nd eptopic pregnancy

Post by Keeks01_ »

Hi all just sharing my story to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation and had light at the end of the tunnel. Dec 13th 2019 I had a positive test, Me and my partner was ecstatic as it would be our first child together (we both have one son each from previous relationships age 9&15) A week after my positive test started spotting and having some dull pain in my left side, I visited my epu after blood test and scan it sadly turned out to be eptopic and was in my left fallopian tube, I was rushed to surgery on 19/12/2019 as thier was risk of rupture and the tube and pregnancy was removed, the next morning my surgeon told me he had found some scar tissue and adhesions which was webbing around my reproductive organs he told me it was endometriosis and that he had cut/lasered away what was webbing around my left ovary etc, he then told me it was also on my right tube but wasn’t as bad a the left side, he took pictures to show it was webbing around as far as my rectum :? And that he couldn’t remove any adhesions or scar tissue from the right side as he had no consent and if I wanted to conceive in the future I would need the right side done at some point in the near future. Fast forward to Jan 2020 and the epu rang me to ask if I had signed a consent form for the pregnancy tissue to be tested, I didn’t recall signing one although everything happened in such a rush I wasn’t sure, I went to the epu to sign the form and a dr came and said we need to give you some antibiotics for the pelvic inflammatory diesease, I then told the dr I haven’t come on my period again and I think thiers a chance I could be pregnant again would the antibiotics affect the pregnancy if I was, she confirmed the tablets they usually give would affect the pregnancy if I was pregnant again, they took bloods right away and it came back later that day I did have HCG level of 36 they said come back in two days if it’s risen we know it’s a new pregnancy as we doubt after 5/6 weeks it would be from the old eptopic, 48hrs later it was upto 96, then a week later it was 1050 and Wednesday just gone o had my scan, I honestly thought everything was ok as I’d had no pain no bleeding nothing like the first time, they scanned me and I knew right away as soon as they couldn’t see in my uterus that it was in my right tubes he sonographer shown my it was next to my right ovary, to say we was devastated would be an understatement, to save the right tube my level was low enough to have the methotrexate injection, I’ve had day 4 bloods but no results yet if thier dropping and have day 7 bloods Tuesday. I don’t really have anyone to talk to about my situation or with someone else who’s been in a similar situation so I’ve come to share on here as I’m not sure who else to talk to. Sorry if some of this doesn’t make sense :(

laceybak

Re: 2nd eptopic pregnancy

Post by laceybak »

Hi there. I just joined the site today and have never really participated in a message board like this before- so I hope you'll be able to see my reply. Let me start by saying I am so sorry you are going through this, especially a second time!

I am in a similar situation. I had an ectopic pregnancy back in September of 2019. Had to have emergent surgery as well and the right tube was removed.

I think I may be having another (LMP was on January 2nd). Right around the time I would have gotten my period I had light, brown bleeding for several days and I also have the dully, achy feeling which comes and goes. This is pretty much the same as what happened the last time.

My insurance changed and I had to go to a new doctor who really didn't seem very concerned about my situation which was upsetting. I had to explain my story multiple times to get him to realize that I've been through this before and I have a strong intuition it is happening again. After throwing a bit of a fit, he is now taking me more seriously, but insists it is a waiting game at this moment.

Hcg was 26 last Tuesday and 69 Friday (low right? but he says its more about the trend). Progesterone was 10. Transvaginal US showed nothing significant. Anyway, he wants to keep an eye on my levels and get another US when they are much higher. I go tomorrow to get blood drawn again.

I want to be optimistic, but I am very suspicious.

Just writing so you know you're not the only one out there going through this. It is nice you were able to save your other tube and just get the Methotrexate this time around.

There isn't much that can be said other than this just SUCKS! and I'm sorry. Hang in there!

Bronagh+22

Post by Bronagh+22 »

Hi girls,
Sorry to hear you are both going through this horrible experience. I had an ectopic with right tube removal in June 2016. Got pregnant I’m October 2016 but had a MMC. Got pregnant again in December 2016 and had my beautiful rainbow. Got an unexpected BFP in December 19 and had an early scan on 23rd December due to history. That morning I had a bit of spotting and I just knew it wasn’t going to be good news. The nurse could see a sac but nothing in it- I was almost 7 weeks. Bloods showed a suboptimal HCG rise so diagnosed PUL and had methotrexate which worked and I was discharged 3 weeks later.
I just don’t know what this means for the future .... I feel your pain

Rainbow11

Post by Rainbow11 »

Hi ladies,

I’m new here but wanted to share my story as it feels so lonely going through an ectopic let alone twice. I’m so sorry for your losses

I have just had my 2nd ectopic. The first one resulted in emergency surgery in Sept 2019 and loosing my left tube. We tried again and just as I was loosing hope of getting pregnant again there was two lines in the test a few weeks ago. Turns out that was short lived as over this weekend I have been diagnosed with a 2nd ectopic. Luckily this one is seemingly “resolving” on its own so hopefully I won’t need methotrexate at the moment. But still worry about damage to the tube and having to go through this [heck] all over again for a third time. It feels so unfair. I have had several miscarriages before but the ectopics have personally felt worse as they have the added implication on future fertility.

I really hope this situation gets easier for us all. Keep strong ladies x

Bronagh+22

Post by Bronagh+22 »

Sorry to hear that Rainbow. It is somewhat comforting to hear of others in a similar position. No one I know has had one let alone 2 ectopics

Keeks01_

Post by Keeks01_ »

Thank you ladies for your reply’s, my emotions are abit all over the place at the moment but reading your reply’s brings me comfort things will get better. I had some heavy bleeding and clotting after the injection and was admitted overnight for observation, the next day they gave me a trans vaginal scan to check for internal bleeding outside the pelvic area and all was fine the pregnancy was not seen on the scan which means the methotrexate is working my HCG doubled on bloods day 4 after the injection but dropped slightly day 6 when I was admitted due to the bleeding. Everything seems to be settling down pain,bleeding etc. And as I’ve been advised not to get pregnant for the next 3months due to the methotrexate and I think with the endometriosis webbing around my right tube It would more likely end up being eptopic until I have surgery to remove adhesions on right side then maybe try again, So I’m going to see gp and take the pill for the next 6months or so just to be safe, I feel like I should give up or maybe wait but fear if I wait to long it won’t happen anyway. I hope things get better for all us ladies. It’s just a shame life can be so cruel sometimes. Thank everyone for your replies