By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

No bleeding after methotrexate injection

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Magic

No bleeding after methotrexate injection

Post by Magic »

I had the injection last week Thursday and since then I have had no bleeding or stomach cramps what so ever. My HCG on the day was 960 and on the Sunday it raised to 1600 as the expected rise in day 4 , my next blood test is Friday I am worried the injection is not working as there is no bleeding ?

EPT Host 20

Re: No bleeding after methotrexate injection

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Magic,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and of the worrying time you are going through.
I remember I did not bleed or feel abdominal pain until at least day 6 after my methotrexate injection, so at this stage I would try not to worry. Your next blood level will determine if the injection is working and I truly understand how worrying this time is.

Whilst I do not wish to alarm you, if you experience any heavy bleeding, unusual abdominal pain or feel dizzy and unwell, please seek urgent medical advice.

Sending much love and warm hugs, especially for your next blood test.
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Magic

Post by Magic »

Thank you , my results came back today and methotrexate failed. So I received my 2nd dose today it seems never ending and now another week of hoping it’s working x

Laco2425279

Post by Laco2425279 »

I hope this second dose has worked for you! Just wanted to say I am on day 11 and still no bleeding but I did have a drop in HCG so not always necessary to bleed. fingers crossed for you xx

Victoria V_17

Post by Victoria V_17 »

Hey there!

I had my ectopic pregnancy last year in November. Just like you, my first dose did not work and after a week I had to go back for a 2nd dose. The 2nd dose did end up working and my levels started going down before there was any bleeding. I started bleeding 2 weeks after my 2nd dose. Try to stay positive and hope everything works out for you.