By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pain during recovery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
MrsG87

Pain during recovery

Post by MrsG87 »

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking since I was told I had a PUL 31st Jan. Back and forth to hospital until finally had my surgery 11th Feb. These boards are a real comfort and very informative.

I’m home and trying to be mobile but I’m a bit concerned about my pain. I usually have a high pain threshold (have colitis and arthritis so deal with pain frequently) but I’m struggling. I’m going to phone the doctors tomorrow to see if a nurse can check my stitches but I’m wondering if other people have had stabbing pain in the incisions (mostly belly button) sore skin under belly button and a pain that sometimes spreads out along the whole of your pelvic area- not cramping but a stab, spread then gone. Also, today the left hand side of my stomach is sore to press so I’m wondering if that’s maybe bruising coming out?

I’m not sure if I have even made much sense or I’ve just rambled. This pregnancy was unexpected and I’ve had 4 previous miscarriages since having my son in 2012 so my head is a bit all over the place at the moment and I’m soooo tired! I cannot get comfortable at all when sleeping.

Thank you

Leahsmith

Re: Pain during recovery

Post by Leahsmith »

Hi lovely,

I am now 5 weeks post surgery and my experience with pain sounds quite similar to yours.

In the two weeks post surgery I had a lot of pain, with most of the pain in the belly incision. I had a lot of pain in the tubeless side and overall stabbing pelvic pain. The pain then moved on to constant period like pain for a few weeks and I've just come on my first period since the op.

I found that in the first few weeks I was trying to do to much and that meant that I irritated my incisions with lifting and moving, so be careful that you aren't over doing it. It's so important to rest!

Sending you lots of love an strength, like you these posts have helped me soooouch x

MrsG87

Post by MrsG87 »

Thanks for replying.

Turns out my stitches were infected and have been given antibiotics. My brain has caught up with everything and I keep crying everywhere. My husband is looking after me but I’m beginning to feel like a drain on him. Can’t wait to feel better.

X

Leahsmith

Post by Leahsmith »

Awww bless you, at least you have got it sorted and hopefully the antibiotics will work quickly.

I understand the feeling of being a burden as I felt like that, it's hard as none of your family or friends understand how you feel and a lot of people focus on th physical recovery. However, I promise it does get easier, I'm now 6 weeks post op and I've had my period which I think for me was an important milestone. I feel mentally a lot better, I still have downs but SO MANY MORE ups. Time does make it better, I know that sounds very cliché but I have found it true but it is ok to be sad and it is ok to cry etc... I have done plenty!

Lots of love and light ♥️♥️♥️