By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Week 1 after keyhole surgery, recovery advices are needed

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Beluckythenexttime

Week 1 after keyhole surgery, recovery advices are needed

Post by Beluckythenexttime »

Hi everyone,

I’m new here. I’m so glad coming across this forum in such a crazy sad time. I just had a keyhole surgery on Feb 9, unfortunately the left side fallopian has been removed. Day 5 today, the wounds are not very sore, but feel my body is totally out of sync. I stared walking a bit yesterday and today(about 2km in space of a few hours), not sure if it’s too soon? How much should I walk within the first and second week? Also can I fly(50 mins flight) in 3 days? I need to get home. Thanks a lot in advance for any advices.

Leahsmith

Re: Week 1 after keyhole surgery, recovery advices are neede

Post by Leahsmith »

Hi,

I'm now coming up to 5 weeks post surgery and right side tube removal. It took me up to week four to be able to walk better and function more like I did before. My incisions healed pretty quickly and I didn't feel too much pain on the outside. I have had pain on and off on my right side and general period like pains since the operation and I'm still waiting for my period to return. I felt out of sync for weeks and I'm only starting to feel more "normal" now.

I'd speak to your doctor about flying.

Wishing you lots of strength in your recovery xxx

Beluckythenexttime

Thank you Leah.. It took me a few days to start understanding what’s really has happened. I’m still in shock I think. Everyday seems so long at the moment, I can’t walk too much or else I get so tired. My mind and body just don’t want to work together. This forum is really my saver!

Leahsmith

Post by Leahsmith »

Yes, most definitely. When it happens you feel like the only person in the world who is going through it. It was so lonely because I felt like no one understood so being on here felt good and so useful.

I felt so confused and upset and disappointed for weeks but now I'm 5 weeks post op, I feel more positive than negative and I can do more without being shattered. I was so frustrated when I wasn't able to do normal things but now I'm moving in that direction it's helping me mentally!

I hope you are taking it easy xxx

Petitkiwi

Post by Petitkiwi »

Hi belucky,

I think your doctor can clear you for flying - i had to fly internationally 5 days after the same surgery (10h + 14h). The main question from the airline was whether I had stopped bleeding. You can wear compression flight socks to reduce the risk clotting, and drink lots of water.

Hope you can get home soon x

Deanna

Post by Deanna »

Hi belucky.
I'm like you, had laparoscopy and my right tube removed Feb 8th after finding out I was pregnant Feb 7th. I was up and walking two days after surgery but only in my house. My doctor told me it was important to try and get back to a normal routine but to get up and walk around can help stop bloodclots forming. I've yet to venture outside but have a plan to do so with the help of my husband and family as, while I'm physically getting stronger, I still find myself struggling after I've been up and about for a while. Just do what you feel you're able to do without pushing yourself, your body will tell when it's too much.
Hope the rest of your recovery goes well xx

Beluckythenexttime

Hi ladies,

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences with me, it means a lot to me really. Not a lot of my friends understand what ectopic is, a lot them thinking it’s just a normal miscarriage, speaking to you all making me feel not alone.

My husband and I are living in a foreign country without any family around, it’s been a tough 10 days for us. My incisions area are quite bruised but doctor confirmed it’s part of the recovery. My last follow up check up on Feb 17 showing my uterus lining is healing, I can walk a bit more without getting too tired now .

Thank you @Petitkiwi, I was ok to fly, the pressure in the cabin didn’t cause any discomfort.

@Deanna, I hope you are feeling a lot better, we had surgery one day away from each other. My was on Feb 9th. I had quite a complication, my miscarriage started on Dec 24th 2019, a big part of sac came out on Dec 31st 2019. I kept on bleeding, so I had an MRI on Jan 13th 2020(MRI couldn’t see anything), followed by a D&C on Jan 14th 2020. The doctor was so surprised to found out the mass in my left tube on Feb 9th, when I started bleeding heavy. I was admitted into the ER, then had the surgery. It’s been a very long traumatic journey so far, I have good days here and there, also bad days just wanna cry out loud. I’m wishing all of us who have been through such a sad events will all have good luck with our next try. Lots of love to you all.xxx

emma_world1

Post by emma_world1 »

Hi,

I’ve also had surgery on the 8.2 and had my left tube removed. We were in and out with observations and then after a lengthy internal scan they felt they saw enough to think it was an ectopic.

I’m generally moving about ok, I’ve got my 22 month old around so can’t quite relax as much as I’d like!

I really wanted to ask others about raspberry leaf tea... I had a miscarriage before my son was born and drank this tea and I felt it really helped improve my cycle/helped me conceive. I’ve bought some now with the view of drinking it again but not sure if I should so soon after surgery?!

Anyone had any experiences with this tea after ectopic? It’s lovely to connect with people who are going through the same thing and even at the same time! Sending love and hugs to all x

Beluckythenexttime

Hi Emma,

I’m so sorry to hear about your experience. I’m not sure about raspberries leaf tea, reading online i would suggest you check with your doctor first. Hope you can find sometime to relax, I’m forcing myself to relax here(my work situation doesn’t really allow either). we are on this recovery journey together, sending you lots of positive energy and strength.xx