By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Am i being paranoid?!

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
ry_ry

Am i being paranoid?!

Post by ry_ry »

I am 4 weeks and a bit post ectopic surgery. I found out I was pregnant a week before the surgery, at this time I was 3 weeks pregnant, despite having a Jaydess coil for over 2 years.

Sounds a bit silly but I'm so worried that somehow I'm still pregnant. The last time me and my partner had sex was the day before we found out I was pregnant. Since we haven't had any. Is it possible I could still be pregnant in my uterus.

After I finish my studies I really want to have children, and I'm so sad that at 19 my first pregnancy was ectopic. And Im disappointed that my IUD failed and I was like 1% failure rate.

If anyone could answer whether its possible for me to be pregnant or not... Or if I'm just being paranoid lol

EPT Host 20

Re: Am i being paranoid?!

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear ry_ry,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss, it can be a difficult and confusing time.
I am a little confused as to why you feel you may still be pregnant, what symptoms you have or if you feel you have a heterotopic pregnancy?
Heterotopic pregnancy is the term used to describe a condition where there is the co-existence of an intrauterine pregnancy with an ectopic pregnancy. Although it is rare, it is possible to have a twin pregnancy and for one embryo to implant in the uterus and another elsewhere. It is possible for the co-existing intrauterine twin to survive in approximately 30% of diagnosed cases of heterotopic pregnancy, despite the woman being treated surgically for the condition.
The twin however would usually be seen on scan and with you having a coil, a uterine pregnancy would also be extremely rare.
If you have any concerns, I would advise speaking to your GP or medical team.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

ry_ry

Post by ry_ry »

Thank you for the reply. It's just that my breast are still swollen and my lower abdomen is bloated. No other symtpins apart from that and my period still hasn't arrived yet but I know that's expected after the surgery.

When should my hcg levels drop after surgery?

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear ry-ry,
There is no set time for hCG levels to reduce,
The marker that they have fallen is usually that your period has arrived as once the beta hCG levels (pregnancy hormones) in your body have dropped, the chemical signals to retain the thickened uterine lining that has built up in preparation for pregnancy, are no longer being produced and so the lining of the uterus is shed. The process involves vaginal bleeding and the material may be clotty, heavy, dark in appearance or appear just like one of your normal period bleeds. This can take anything between two and ten weeks after surgery and most women find that their period arrives sometime around week six or seven after surgery.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team