By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Period after ectopic and methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
AK89

Period after ectopic and methotrexate

Post by AK89 »

Hi all

I was 6 weeks pregnant when I began bleeding and unfortunately following ultrasound and internal examination- having an ectopic on my left side.
I was treated with methotrexate and discharged from EPU after 4 weeks.
4 weeks following treatment I experienced light bleeding in which I hoped was a sign of my first period. This lasted a day or 2- nothing like my previous periods.
I am now post 8 weeks and anxious in regards to period and ovulation. I am extremely keen to restart trying after 12 weeks like they recommend but also conscious about my cycles.

Has anyone had any other experiences with their periods post ectopic and methotrexate?

Thanks in advance x

Rquayle32

Re: Period after ectopic and methotrexate

Post by Rquayle32 »

I’m currently going through something similar. Anxiously waiting a period. My bleeding stopped for a week and a half so I thought my cycle was starting to get back on track. Unfortunately I am currently bleeding again. It’s been 4 weeks after methotrexate. My doctor indicated since my hcg levels are at 43 it is not yet a period. Have your hcg levels gone back down to zero?

I after two years of trying I never thought I would be hoping to get a period. I know this doesn’t answer your question directly. But hope you find it helpful nonetheless