By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Hcg falling & rising after mtx

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Bella2021

Hcg falling & rising after mtx

Post by Bella2021 »

Hi,
Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.
I had an embryo transfer in October, I gained a positive test but bled heavily from 5 weeks. My hcg level went from 3717, 717, 152, 403, up to 645. To which I was under epau & had a methotrexate injection. My levels over 3 weeks dropped to 17, this was 2 weeks ago. I was discharged & told to do a pregnancy test in 3 weeks.
As my levels have decreased & risen previously I’ve been doing urine pregnancy tests weekly, today’s line is stronger than last weeks.
I’ve rang epau but they don’t seem concerned unless I am in pain. Has anyone experienced an increase after methotrexate other than the day 4 bloods, I’m confused as to why my levels seem to be rising again? & why I still have a positive test 2 weeks after my hcg was 17?
I can’t seem to find anyone else that has had this experience.
Thank you in advance for any replies.

LauraG

Re: Hcg falling & rising after mtx

Post by LauraG »

Hi, my HCG levels rose after they fallen. However, my levels were around the 100 mark. Is it worth waiting another week and taking another test? I know HCG can take a while to get out of your system and the home pregnancy tests can be very sensitive. Xx

Bella2021

Re: Hcg falling & rising after mtx

Post by Bella2021 »

Yea, the epau have said I can’t do no other anyway, I’m just so worried they are rising again with the same pregnancy brand showing a darker line & 2 weeks ago my levels only being at 17 made me think they would have dropped by now.