By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pain in lowest stitch site

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Dot2dot

Pain in lowest stitch site

Post by Dot2dot »

I had keyhole surgery to remove my pregnancy and right tube two and a half weeks ago. The tube had ruptured. The pain settled down about 5 or 6 days ago and I’ve only been taking occasional paracetamol since.

I now have soreness and pain in the lowest stitches when I move and stretch in particular ways. It’s really sore. It’s not especially red and there’s no sign of infection other than that my glands are up under my arms weirdly.

I spoke to gp yesterday and she said to give it a few more days and see how I go.

What I’m worried about is that this is an adhesion or some problem with this area healing rather than infection.

I’m still getting pain in my right shoulder too.

I am due to go back to work next week but I’m not sure what to do if I’m not physically healed yet.

Dot2dot

Re: Pain in lowest stitch site

Post by Dot2dot »

Did anyone experience adhesions after surgery? Can these be dealt with or prevented? Thanks.

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

I'm sorry you're going through this.
I'm now almost 7 weeks post surgery and if I'm honest it's only the last week that I've felt right again. When I was discharged from hospital I was only given a weeks sick note and had to speak to my GP to extend this. I feel like key hole surgery is really minimalised but in my experience the toll it takes on your body and the healing process takes much longer than I expected. I felt the doctors and nurses down played the procedure (I guess they deal with it every day).
I didn't have any infections and now my scars are hardly visible but it took time for the tugging and uncomfortable feeling to subside (especially in my tummy button). My stitches were also quite long and stuck into my tummy and leg if I bent certain ways. They also itched as they healed and felt very tight.
I would say to rest as much as you can and take your time.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

(as a side note - pain is subjective to the individual but I'd say I was good with pain. I've had 2 sections and wasn't taking any pain relief from say 3 and laboured to 6cm on just paracetamol. The external healing of my tummy button incision took longer to heal than my section scar!)

Kirstie

Post by Kirstie »

I also felt this same sensation and I remember it worrying me too. I''m not 6.5weeks post op and that feeling has gone almost entirely. Occasionally I feel it if I move in a certain way (I teach Pilates so it's not a "normal" day to day movement that I feel it in).

If you're worried I would discuss it with your doctor though. Sometimes we just need peace of mind.