By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Struggling after 2nd ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Jess21

Struggling after 2nd ectopic

Post by Jess21 »

Hi all, found this board a few months ago, just need to vent really I think,I conceived my son at 17! No problems at all but I had a live ectopic in march this year which hit hard as I seen my babies little heart beating away in my tube☹️took a lot of convincing from my family but I did have that tube and baby removed, was told my remaining tube was all healthy, fast forward to September this year we fell pregnant again, a lot of early scans and tests we found out it was ectopic again, but no heartbeat this time, they let me go a week untreated until it ruptured and I lost my only remaining tube, so now I’m struggling with a lot, I may never get to give my son a sibling, I’m angry towards my doctors for not treating me asap, and I’m upset with my body covered in scars and hormonal imbalances causing some symptoms of menopause! I’m only 21 it all just seems so unfair, does by one have any advice on how to move on and deal with what’s happened and what it means for my future, because it all seems impossible right now

EPT Host 22

Re: Struggling after 2nd ectopic

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Jess21,

I am so terribly sorry to hear that you have had to go through this experience again. It is incredibly unfair, and I know how it can leave us with even more questions. I also suffered two ectopic pregnancies within 7 months of one another. It was an incredibly hard experience, and I encourage you to give yourself extra care, time, and space.

As I'm not medically qualified, I can't speak to your specific situation on what next steps to take. I would certainly encourage you to speak further with your GP. I recall in my situation, the doctors told me it was "bad luck", and I was not pleased with that diagnosis at all. However, and this was only clear to me later on, my fertility may have declined, but it was not gone, and I went on to have successful pregnancies.

As best as you are able, try to give yourself and your body some time to heal. I know that we seek answers for why this has happened, and we want to remedy the situation. It is not always clear why ectopic pregnancies occur, and that is why they can feel so very unfair. Please know there is nothing you did to cause these ectopic pregnancies, and sadly nothing we can do to prevent them.

Please look after yourself, and know that we are here for you for as long as you need.

With good wishes,
Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.

Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk

We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team