By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic right side removed

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Imsy

Ectopic right side removed

Post by Imsy »

I'm 21 years old, the day after my birthday I found out I was 4weeks and 2days pregnant. At first I was scared but my partner was so happy and we both couldn't wait to start our family.

At 5 weeks I started spotting, nothing to painful but I still went to get checked out by my doctor. They said everything is fine but we'll send you for a scan to confirm.

At the scan they couldn't see anything anywhere so they sent me for blood test. Day 1 was 289 HCG, day 3 658, then day 5 1249! The doctors were so happy with the results and said it showed a good pregnancy. So I went for another scan and was told there was a mass in my right tube but I ovulated from my left so I would have to wait for my HCG to be above 1500 to confirm.

We went home and on mother's day, day 7 my HCG was at 2530, they were convinced that it couldn't be ectopic because my HCG level were perfect. Then 1 doctor pushed for a scan, he was not happy to risk it. At the scan they confirmed the embryo was right at the top of my right tube.

The doctors offered me medical management to prevent losing my tube. I was so glad I didn't even know it was a thing. So I had my injections and went home.

I had no pain until I woke up on the Thursday morning, I couldn't get up I had to grab my phone and call the house phone to get help. When i got to the hospital they examined me and told me that they think my tube has ruptured and that I need surgery.

They told me that would put a camera in and check and if they were right they would remove my tube but if the injections worked they would flush out the tube and that would be it.

I had a 2 hour surgery, went under at 2:45 and woke up at 6:20. I could see the clock in the other side of the room but not the time. In recovery a nurse stays with you at all times. She was lovely and made me feel safe. First thing I said was what time is it, i think I had been looking at the clock for some time before saying anything.

I went home the following day, pain and a little bleeding but nothing to bad. The nurse had said the plasters are water proof so I can have a bath but they weren't. I had to be carried out the bath I was in so much pain and when the plasters came off I was horrified. The only small cut was the left. The others are massive.

I feel so horrible for worrying about scars. I know I would be dead without them but I can't even explain how I feel. It's like I don't want to even look at my self.

The pain got worse when I tried to go to sleep. 2 hours later I managed to sleep on my left side. Slept all night. I can hardly walk and I have to have constant help. I just keep telling my self I'm lucky to be here.

Saracox1977

Re: Ectopic right side removed

Post by Saracox1977 »

I am also recovering from my emergency surgery on Wednesday evening. I was very lucky I was actually at the hospital when I started feeling unwell with my ectopic pregnancy. I had just started to bleed internally.

Mine was attached to my ovary and I was 12 weeks along.

The pain is to be expected, take it easy and keep up a steady supply of pain medication. No baths for at least 5 days. That's what I was told. Hang in there, I know this is hard. Sending you a virtual hug

Imsy

Post by Imsy »

Thank you, hope you are feeling well x

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Imsy,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
When we experience ectopic pregnancy, we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal.

It is normal to experience some pain as you recover over the next few weeks and pain and bruising are part of the healing process. The discomfort and bruising should reduce over the next few weeks and I would suggest taking the pain relief that has been prescribed for you as directed by your doctors. If the pain worsens despite taking regular painkillers, please seek urgent medical advice.
If you find that you have an increased body temperature of more than 37°C or offensive smelling discharge or the wound site starts oozing or feels hot to touch, please do get medical attention as soon as possible as these can be signs of infection.

Experiencing an ectopic pregnancy is a huge ordeal and you are in the early stages of recovery. Your body needs time to heal from your surgery which is in itself a gruelling task. You should take it very easily for about six weeks after surgery. Your body will be using its energies to heal internally. It is normal to feel physically and emotionally exhausted during this time and please do be kind to yourself. Recovery can take time and some days will be better than others, one day you maybe ok and the next you maybe in discomfort or more emotional. This is perfectly usual and the healing process will go back and forth in this way for however long you need. It is important to listen to your body's signals and pain and feeling tired are your body's signs to tell you to rest. We suggest keeping a healthy balanced diet, drinking lots of water and resting. Once your wounds have healed, very gentle exercise such as a short walk can help, but please do take this slowly.

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************