By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Period

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Lilly_grace93

Period

Post by Lilly_grace93 »

Hey everyone I had an ectopic just before Christmas it had ruptured my right tube and it was removed.
I am on my period and the pain is insane. It only hurts when I walk on the right side. This is my second period the first one was bad and I went to the doctors they gace me antibotics not sure why.
I don't really want to go back.
Has anyone else experienced this?

EPT Host 20

Re: Period

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear lilly_grace93,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
My periods also changed a few months after my ectopic pregnancy.
We generally advise that you should be able to manage pain with over the counter pain relief. If this is not the case, I would advise talking to your GP again.
Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Cldan

Re: Period

Post by Cldan »

Hi everyone,
I found out I was pregnant only 2 weeks ago on the day of my missed period. I never really had the chance to get excited as 3 days later I started spotting - brown at first which after a few days turned to red. I called my local early pregnancy unit who advised spotting was normal and to only worry if it became heavy or if I was in pain (which I wasn’t) Almost a week after the spotting started it became a flow (still no pain) so I went straight to the EPU and they took my blood and examined me internally.
They said my womb was closed which was a good sign but my hcg was low at 125 (I was 5 weeks at this point) 2 days later it had only risen to 128 so they got me in for a scan the next day.
As predicted, the scan showed nothing, just a sac. They couldn’t see anything in my tubes but said it was probably too early. They took one more blood test which came in at 133 so although the scan was inconclusive they think it is ectopic (still no pain and bleeding has almost stopped)
I am back at the EPU tomorrow for a shot of methotrexate and I am petrified! I have already been bleeding for 10 days but I fear that I have much more bleeding (and pain) to come.
My only comfort is that my hcg is so low so I’m hoping it won’t take long to get it down to zero. Has anybody else had their shot on a low hcg like myself?
I just want my body and my periods back to normal. Not even so I can think about trying again just so I can feel like me again before this nightmare began!