By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Coping

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Rabbott33

Coping

Post by Rabbott33 »

This is a strange post really not something I normally would do but feel I need to just get it out there,
I had my first ectopic in April 2007 this was a real tough time getting thro this I had surgery and lost the left tube, I kinda went into auto pilot and carried on by shutting things out, then in jan 2008 I had a second ectopic was rushed in they managed to save the right tube after a few days I was rushed back into hospital with problems too much damag to the right tube, I was taken down for emergency surgery which wasn’t able to be done via keyhole so was major surgery! This all hit me hard as I that’s when I found out I wouldn’t be able to get pregnant without ivf, I had counciling for this which helped and again I shelved the emotions! Fast forward to sept 2017 I found out I wouldn’t be able to now carry safely due to other medical reasons, well again I put on a brave face and shelved all these emotions, now for the present day well today has been a really odd day all those shelved emotions have caught up and want to escape! Well I guess what I am trying to say is the pain and emotions my be tucked away but do creep out eventually even after many years!!

MamaJoy

Re: Coping

Post by MamaJoy »

Rabbott33,

I'm so sorry to hear of everything you have been through.

One of my friends told me to 'look grief in the face, and stare that bitch down'. And she was right. So, so right.

You've had 12 years of coping, putting on a brave face, perhaps now is the time to let it out, allow yourself to feel it. Counselling will help, but also allowing your feelings to surface will make a huge difference. We have the feelings we have for a reason, we need to let them come.

It's OK not to be OK for a while, it's part of healing.