By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnancy of unknown location-ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Beenie

Re: Pregnancy of unknown location-ectopic

Post by Beenie »

Hi Bns11,

I’m not sure... I nearly begged them to not make me come back but she said it’s hospital’s policy to make me come back until I am at 0, no matter how close I am. Yes I am fed up haha...I have stopped spotting on Friday so I am kinda confident that I am at 0 now. So I just pretend I am and I feel better already and YES no more pads haha I feel like a human again!!

Maybe we both get our 0 this week :)

Good luck for tomorrow!!

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi Beenie!

Thank you :) I got my results yesterday and they didn’t say exactly what they were but said they were below 5 and therefore classed as ‘normal’ so don’t have to go back again.

I’m guessing different hospitals have different policies as you still had to go back with a result of 3. They told me that I’m below 5 and told me to do a pregnancy test in 3 weeks just to confirm 100% that it has remained at a negative level. Did they tell you to do this too?

It’s a very strange mix of emotions though I found yesterday. I was happy and relieved to know it was finally over but also felt very sad because yesterday I would have been exactly 12 weeks and it would be the time to start telling people of our news but instead I was celebrating it all being over. Strange mix of feelings!

Haha, so glad you’re now pad free! I have been the last 2 days too. Really hope today went well for you and you’ve finally got your ‘normal’ result too :) xx

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi Beenie!

Thank you :) I got my results yesterday and they didn’t say exactly what they were but said they were below 5 and therefore classed as ‘normal’ so don’t have to go back again.

I’m guessing different hospitals have different policies as you still had to go back with a result of 3. They told me that I’m below 5 and told me to do a pregnancy test in 3 weeks just to confirm 100% that it has remained at a negative level. Did they tell you to do this too?

It’s a very strange mix of emotions though I found yesterday. I was happy and relieved to know it was finally over but also felt very sad because yesterday I would have been exactly 12 weeks and it would be the time to start telling people of our news but instead I was celebrating it all being over. Strange mix of feelings!

Haha, so glad you’re now pad free! I have been the last 2 days too. Really hope today went well for you and you’ve finally got your ‘normal’ result too :) xx

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Hi Bns11,

Ah congrats on reaching your ‘normal’ level!! Yes, I also got my clear last Wednesday. They haven’t told me to do a pregnancy test, no. It’s weird how hospitals differ so much in their procedures isn’t it.

I kinda feel the same. I probably would have been around 13 weeks now, and would have had my first scan. So very mixed emotions alright. However I am so glad that this MTX journey is over. It was such a horrible drawn out process.

Are you planning to TTC again?

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi Beenie!

Sorry for the delayed reply we decided to get away for a bit after getting the normal result.

So glad you finally got your normal result too! You must be relieved. It’s good to feel normal again now isn’t it. Just don’t know when to expect period to return!

I think we may ttc again at the end of the year maybe. I’m just really scared of this happening again! Will you be trying again too?x

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Ah lovely, we had done the same and it really helped me to take my mind of the recent weeks. Yes, it feels great to be able to feel normal again and to not see the hospital any longer :)
Although I am extremely terrified already, we would definitely love to give it one more try probably around September. This would be our last shot, so you can imagine how stressful it will be not to go into panic mode... I had asked at my follow up appointment to get a HSG done but they said they wouldn’t see a point in me getting it done as this ectopic was most likely ‘down to bad luck’.
So not sure what to think of that but for now I am enjoying summer and probably think about it again come September:)

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi Beenie!

Ahh lovely to hear you’ve managed to get away too! We just stayed in England and went to Cornwall but the weather was amazing and really took our minds off it!

Yeah I think that’s the best thing for now, to not think about it for the rest of summer to give yourself a few months of relaxing before trying again. I really do hope your next try is the one for you.

I think we are now thinking similar time, we have got an abroad wedding at the end of September so will probably try after this. I’m taking folic acid every day now in prep but apart from that I’m trying not to think about it until after the trip.

Would also like to say a massive thank you for chatting throughout this time, it’s helped SO much to be able to talk to someone experiencing the same thing! Although chatting to friends and family helps, they can only understand so much so thank you again! And I hope to hear an update from you after September with some good news! :) xx

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Hi Bns11,

Aww thank you too for being here when I needed someone to talk to that knows exactly what I was going through! Thank you so much and hopefully I hear good news from you too towards the end of the year! :)
And enjoy your summer and your wedding away!!
Lots of love xx