By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnancy of unknown location-ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Beenie

Pregnancy of unknown location-ectopic

Post by Beenie »

Hi all,
I'm looking for advise or someone who might have gone through similar situation.
I have had 2 scans, several beta HCG levels taken and they still can not locate my pregnancy. My beta levels are minimally increasing and the doctors are certain it's an ectopic pregnancy. At the moment I am taking a wait and see approach but this situation is wrecking my head. My last HCG level was just over 900. My initial one was 599, 813,840. I have had bleeding for over a week now but no pains whatsoever. I don't know what to do but I really don't want to take methotrexate. What would you do? Anybody that has had a similar experience? What was your choice and how long did it take you to get back to normal?

LMcGraw24

Re: Pregnancy of unknown location-ectopic

Post by LMcGraw24 »

I received the metho shot, but my levels were increasing a little more rapidly than yours, yours seem to be not increasing as quickly anymore. My highest was at 2300, so I didn't want to risk it any longer. The waiting for me was the worst.

KarenLisa

Post by KarenLisa »

My levels were 600 on Wednesday and Thursday my ectopic pregnancy was found near left ovary, I’ve waited 3 wks to find it before I agreed on the injection. It’s horrible I kept praying it wasn’t ectopic. Are u having internal scans? That’s how mine was found?

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Update on my story my levels kept creeping up and so they kinda made me get the shot in the end. The waiting is killing me and I feel so distressed at this stage. Never found anything on the transvaginal ultrasound and yesterday they called me for my day 4 levels after MTX. Went up again to around 1400. I know this is kinda expected but I haven’t stopped crying since. I just want this to be over and just the thoughts of first shot not working gives me palpitations. I thought I took the initial news of PUL-possible ectopic quite well but the thoughts of this going on for weeks now is just completely killing me....so distressing and it doesn’t help how you’re treated by the hospital merely having a ‘medical condition’.... :(

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi!

I hope you are doing ok under the circumstances. I have found myself in a similar situation, after 2-3 weeks of blood tests, worrying and stress the doctors concluded that I had a pregnancy of unknown location. I had 2 lots of scans (ultra sound and internal) and nothing was found. My hcg was in the 700s when they said I needed the methotrexate injection. I had this on Tuesday and my levels on Friday (day 4) had gone up into the 800s but they said the rise was within the normal range so now just hoping that they have dropped tomorrow.

Hold your levels dropped by the 7th day? How are you feeling?x

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Hi Bns11,

I’m so sorry to hear that you have to go through this too... it’s so tough!
My day 7 draw showed levels have dropped thank goodness from about 1400 to 1000. Going back tomorrow for day 14 draw. I’m nervous and praying for a big drop in numbers. I was doing ok after the shot. Extreme fatigue first couple of days. Then started to bleed again after a week and two days ago I nearly went to ER as I had excruciating pains. Thankfully after a lot of pain killers and a sleepless night the pains went away and I almost feel normal again.
I’m hoping For your numbers to drop too. Sending you hugs!

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Oh and btw my day 4 levels went up too by nearly 400. This is expected so don’t worry I’m sure yours start dropping now!

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi Beenie!

Thank you for your reply! And you were right I found out yesterday that my day 7 results have dropped more than 15% so they are happy and i now just need to go for day 14 bloods next week.

Oh the sleepness nights are horrible arent they! I just notice any slight feeling down there and its very scary when the pains get bad! Mine were bad day 2 and 3 and then seemed to go away for a few days and now are back, but still not as bad as day 2 and 3.

Hope your day 14 levels have dropped a lot, this long drawn out process is horrible x

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Hi Bns11,

Oh great news that they have dropped by more than 15%!! Very happy for you!
I got great news today too. My day 14 levels dropped to 213! I’m so relieved once again.
Yes it is a horrible process and the fact that it can go on for weeks and weeks is really hard to take. But it helps to take one day at a time and not to overthink everything. I found myself already googling pregnancy chances after an ectopic and get drawn in by horror stories. So I just had to tell myself to stop and focus on the good things and take one day at a time.
Positive thoughts all the way now!

Thanks for your message, feels good not to be alone with this! I hope your day 14 results will be great to. Let me know how you get on x

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi Beenie!

Thank you, I was very relieved! It went from in the 800s to 545 so I was happy with that. Ooh that’s great, so glad yours has had a good drop! It’s good to hear some good news at last (well I know it’s still not great to be in this situation but it’s the best news we can get!).

Oh my god, I have spent SO much time googling everything! And you do end up reading lots of horror stories but you’re so right, we have to take it day by day and I do feel licky that my levels have started to drop because I know I read about ladies who have to have a second injection or surgery.

Yeah, I found talking to my mum and friends about it helps, but it is a massive help and comforting talking to others, like yourself, who are also going through the same thing. Because it’s something that doesn’t happen often it’s easy to feel a bit alone in it so yes this definitely helps!

When is your next blood draw? I will definitely keep you updated on my progress and I’d love to hear how you’re getting on too!x

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Aw delighted for you and that your numbers have dropped again!

Next draw will be on Wednesday. I’ll keep you updated :)

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi Beenie!

Hope all is well with you!

Got my day 14 results today and they have gone from 565 last week to 173 today :) so a good drop, very relieved! I had horrendous pains over the weekend, especially through the nights so it must have been it working!

Hope your blood draw tomorrow goes well, fingers crossed!xx

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Hi Bsn11,

Yey that’s a great drop! Delighted for you. I had excruciating pain too just before I had a huge drop in numbers. So yes, I think that does indicate that the MTX is doing its job.
Just got my day21 results. Down to 71 now.... I was secretly hoping to be under 10 :( at least the end is in sight, I guess...

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi Beenie!

Thank you, I was surprised it had dropped as much, I think I’m used to getting bad news when I call for results so it’s a surprise when things are going as they should!

Sorry yours hasn’t dropped as much as you’d hoped this time but you have done so well so far and are now in double figures! My nurse told me that the last 100 or so seem to be the most stubborn and take the longest to drop compared with how quick they drop at first. But the end is definitely close for you now. Hopefully your next blood draw will be the last xx

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Aw thanks for your kind words...
Oh really? I didn’t know that the last 100 would take the longest... that might mean another 2 weeks then probably.
Ha I know what you mean. You kinda mentally prepare yourself for the worst, and it’s a nice surprise when it’s good news for a change :)

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi Beenie!

Hope your bloods go well tomorrow! Fingers crossed for single figures for you! Or even better back to normal! Mine today were 63 so hoping only another week or two!xx

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Wow you’re numbers are dropping really fast :) delighted for you!!!
I had unusual heavy bleeding over the weekend. So I’m not sure if there is the end in sight for me. But staying hopeful, will let you know!

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

I had a heavy bleed just before my bloods this week too so I was hoping that that would mean another good drop. I had a heavy bleed the week before too when I had the biggest drop. So yeah hopefully the bleed has done the same for you. It feels never ending though doesn’t it!

Ooh yes, do let me know how you get on, fingers crossed this is the last week for you!!xx

Beenie

Post by Beenie »

Sooo I just got the call and I was jumping for joy when she told me I’m down to 3. I thought that would mean no more bloods but she told me I have to go back next week :( that’s a bit hardcore now if you ask me ugh :| can’t believe they make me go back again .... so yes it does seem like forever....I’m still spotting too, can’t wait to live a pad free life again ha wonder when this will stop...

Bns11

Post by Bns11 »

Hi Beenie!

Great that your levels are now at 3! But that’s strange that they want you to go back for another test :/. I was under the impression that once it’s below 5 then that’s it. Did they give a reason why? I bet you’re so fed up!

I’m fed up of all the bloods too, I had a really bad needle phobia before this but one positive is that I’m not too bad with needles now after all these!

Oh my god, tell me about it! Wearing a pad seems as normal as wearing knickers now doesn’t it! Yeah I’m still spotting and getting pains too, I thought it would’ve stopped by now with the levels only being 63.

Well I hope this next one for is DEFINITELY the last one and it will all be over at last xx