By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Suddenly feeling pregnant 3 weeks after surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Stephmills17

Suddenly feeling pregnant 3 weeks after surgery

Post by Stephmills17 »

I had my operation on 24th of April they had to remove my right tube due to ruptured and lose of blood.
I felt fine bit sore which was to be expected however all pregnancy symptoms had vanished. However suddenly tonight i feel as though i am pregnant. Sore breasts feeling sick and food cravings. I havnt taking a test incase it still positive from my ectopic and i get my hopes up again but has any one else felt like this????
I was sent home from hospital 2 hours after surgery and was told i wpuld recive notes in post which i am still waiting on. So left hospital with no information whatso ever. I feel so in the dark about the whole situation.
Any advice would be really appreciated

EPT Host 22

Re: Suddenly feeling pregnant 3 weeks after surgery

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Stephmills17,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. It can be a confusing time leaving us with many questions, and I will do my best to help.

Not being medically qualified and not knowing your situation well enough, I can not say whether you would be pregnant again. From the surgery, the ectopic pregnancy will have been removed, as sadly it was not viable. If you have ovulated and had intercourse within the three weeks since the surgery, there is a chance you have conceived. However, after an ectopic pregnancy surgery its very important to continue to look after yourself and you may want to take additional time to recover before TTC.

As you are having concerns, it may be worth taking a pregnancy test. If it is positive, it would be from a new pregnancy and not the previous ectopic. If you are TTC to conceive, I'd also recommend ensuring that you are taking your folic acid supplements as well.

Your ectopic pregnancy was so recent, and it's important to continue looking after yourself. You may want to schedule an appointment with you GP or surgeon to ensure you have your questions answered by a medical professional. As always, we are here for you anytime.

With good wishes,

Michele

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.