By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Help?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Charli

Help?

Post by Charli »

So on Sunday, 4 days ago, I was rushed into theatre with an ectopic pregnancy, it was strange week. I initially took a pregnancy test on Tuesday, confirmed by doctors on Wednesday then in theatre on Sunday. During this my right tube had ruptured and I lost 1.5L of blood that had to be drained from my stomach.
I felt like I was feeling a little better, pain was managed with medication to a point (I'm allergic to codine so they told me to top it up with paracetamol, but of a strength difference I know!!). Then today I have been feeling light headed, fatigued, pain inside the vagina and bleeding when going to the toilet. Is this normal ? I hadn't had these symptoms since I left the hospital.

I'm getting really worried and keep waking due to the pain.

Jessonl13

Re: Help?

Post by Jessonl13 »

Hi Charli, I hope you are ok. I also had surgery on Saturday night after a rupture, I thought I had trapped wind for a few days but after suddenly feeling fluey I went to the out of hours gp and was admitted. I was given a negative pregnancy test (standard test) and then an hour later two positive tests only for them to discover 12 hrs later it was ectopic...and then that it had ruptured....Its all been really strange.
I'm at the same stage of recovery it sounds like and I think maybe you should call the ward and ask their advice? I'm in pain but its not waking me up. hope you are ok.

Charli

Post by Charli »

Awh, I hope you are okay, it's a strange feeling. Now that the pain is starting to ease up I kinda wish I had it back because it kept me distracted. 12 hours? From going to the doctors I was in theatre within 3-4 hours. So i guess I'm lucky in that sense but still can't proceed what has happened or going on, how are you doing?

EPT Host 22

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Charli,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had to go through so much in this short period of time. It's so important to look after yourself right now and take time for your recovery. Ectopic pregnancies, especially after surgery, are both physical and emotional.

It is very normal to bleed after treatment for ectopic pregnancy. The bleed that occurs in the first week or so of treatment for an ectopic pregnancy is not your first period. It is the bleed that occurs in response to falling hormones associated with the lost pregnancy. Some women find that bleeding and spotting after treatment for ectopic pregnancy can last up to six weeks.

As well, you maybe feeling abdominal pains after treatment for ectopic pregnancy. The pain you are feeling could be due to your body healing or as a result of adhesions or scar tissue which forms as part of the recovery process. To assist, you could keep a pain diary too - when you experience the pain and where, its intensity and anything that helps like rest or pain relief, and noting when your period starts. You can take these notes with you to the appointment and the details will help your doctors best manage your symptoms.

You can also speak to your doctors sooner with your concerns as it is always better to get checked out to be on the safe side and as I am not medically qualified to give a definitive opinion.

With good wishes,

Michele

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
***********************************************************************************************

Jessonl13

Post by Jessonl13 »

Hi Charli, I know what you mean about distractions...its how fast it all happens, i cant get my head round it! i hope your physical pain has lessened. xx