By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Period pains 2 years on

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Maxi

Period pains 2 years on

Post by Maxi »

Hello dear members,

I had to have my right tube removed February 2016. I knew something was seriously wrong... felt like i waa dying. My mum had an ectopic when i was 8 years old. She nearly died as it went undiagnosed for too long, blood had flooded im to her lungs. She was in jospital 16 days.... so i had an inkling this is what i had. My GP -over the phone- didnt feel tje need to see me and said she doubted i had an ectopic! Took myself to hospital. Was told i look to healthy to have an ectopic. Said im a mum of 2, (well 4 counting my full term still birth due to medical megligence and 5 hours of an incompetent butcher of a mifwife refusing to help me, losing heart beat for 45 minutes amd tjem having c-section, bany died in my womb. That was 2001. 2005 had a baby girl c-section, natural home birth in 2014), dr refused to scan me. I could hardly walk, had shoulder tip, diaphragm.and rectum pain :( diarrhoea, spotting and feeling like i wS literally dying. Sorry i repeated myself there, but it still haunts me. Had to beg for a scan. Dr said come back.in 3 days but again told 'congratulations, you're pregnant, you look healthy and you're period is only 10 days late its yoo early to diagnose . ' but i insisted. The idiot after leaving me alone for almost sn hour fi ally cameback and said that i could have one the following morning...

Well, 840am appt, scan. Was told that there was a huge amount of liquid on my righti side. Sat me in a wheelchair and sent me straight up to theatre . Tjey said how was i still walking?! How did i even drive in? My partner made it there with my lil boy as i was being wheeled in to theatre . I was in shock, wailing amd scared i would die during surgery and not see my kids again. Petrified.... it was my disters baby djower tjat day (she ended up having hernaby om Valentine's day, 5 weeks early) so my eldest didn't know what was going on as dhe was there. So was i meant to be... instead i was near death, internal bleeding. I lost 768ml of blood. Amyways, i fidnt mean to write so much, and its tsken me ages to join cos im worried i will make others sad that i hsve children and tjey dont...people may wonder why this has effected me so much... i domt have nice easy periods anymore, 2 years of period pains. This month one of tje worst, all month leading up to it. Sometimes it reminds me of the ectopic pains. Ive never been so frightened in my life, worrying about my kids and surviving tje op have left their scars. I never ever suffered with period pains before. I feel hot and often anxious and sad tje last 3-4 days before my period starts. I can be irritable too. Not every month... Sore glands in my breasts though starting 10days before period.... i dont use prescription drugs unless i have to. What natural remedies do people use? My gp gave me tje weirdedt look about 6 momths after the op when i saud i still had discomfort. Said i was tje only petson she'd come across after an ectopic who 'complained' of pain post op. The ectopic was tbe hardest thing to go through after the still birth... no more babies here. Mybody feels messed up.

Thanks for your time

EPT Host 20

Re: Period pains 2 years on

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Maxi,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and losses,

It is normal to experience some pain after ectopic pregnancy as your body has been through a great ordeal. The pain could be due to adhesions or scar tissue which formed as part of your healing. It could also be due to heightened awareness because of your sad loss. You may also be feeling ovulation pain (many women including myself never felt ovulation pain before the ectopic pregnancy and experience these sensations after). As you have been experiencing the pain for some time, I think it may be worth keeping a pain diary to record when you feel the pain (including when in your cycle), its intensity on a scale of 1-10 and if anything helps such as rest, a hot water bottle, paracetamol etc. I would suggest keeping these notes for about 4/6 weeks and then seeing your doctors with this information as it would help them determine how best to manage your symptoms.

After a frightening ordeal like ectopic pregnancy, and the terrifying experience of a still birth, some women find that they suffer from Post Traumatic Stress and symptoms can include anxiety and not being able to focus on everyday things like work. There are a number of avenues that you could look into to get the help that you need. If you are still overwhelmed by these feelings we at the Trust believe that talking through what happened and your emotions as and when you can helps the healing process. We operate a helpline service and there's no pressure whatsoever but if you would ever like the opportunity to speak over the phone to someone who has been through a similar experience, do feel free to call, details are below. We can take things at your pace entirely and you are free to ask any questions that are on your mind. You can talk about the ordeal you have been through and express your feelings to vent and let off some steam. We can exchange emails too, if you prefer that route. We'll simply be here for you, however you wish and for as long as you wish.

In addition, you can ask to see a GP at your practice and ask them to explore ways in which you can get help and this can include referrals for "talking therapies" or counselling. We have information on our website about finding counselling services.

The charity Mind may also be of assistance. They have local centres and support groups and can offer services on a means-tested basis or sometimes free. You can find your local centre following this link if that may be useful too: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************