By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Coping with a toddler after ectopic diagnosis

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Becky077

Coping with a toddler after ectopic diagnosis

Post by Becky077 »

Hi. After lots of back and forth scans and blood tests over the past couple of weeks yesterday i had the confirmation my pregnancy is ectopic. I had the methotrexate yesterday evening which i found very uncomfortable. I have an 18 month old and I'm worried about lifting him up etc and also how to cope with all the feelings I'm experiencing on top of being there for him. Does anyone have any advice? I had the coil in place when i fell pregnant but had got excited over the idea of number 2 so it has all been such an emotional rollercoaster

Daisy1986

Re: Coping with a toddler after ectopic diagnosis

Post by Daisy1986 »

Hi,
I don’t have any advice I’m afraid except to say I’m in the same situation and finding it really hard. My little girl has just turned two and can’t understand why mummy can’t pick her up and isn’t playing with her as much. It breaks my heart to see her upset and although my husband is doing a great job of looking after her, I feel like it should be my job. I don’t feel too ill, just tired and crampy (day 3) but don’t want to make it worse by doing too much.
Hopefully this will be over soon for both of us and we can get back to normal xx

mano

Re: Coping with a toddler after ectopic diagnosis

Post by mano »

Hi Becky and Daisy,
My twins were 21 months old when I had the surgery in December because my tube ruptered:-( I couldn't lift them for 2 weeks at all, I stayed in bed all day and my husband had to take care of them alone above working. For a few more weeks I also had to take it easy. We were looking for some help as our families are 6000 miles away, but the nannies were not too good. It was hard for me, for my husband and for the twins. For 2 weeks I was also extremely depressed but just at Christmas my children became ill with a very high fever, my husband had to take them to the hospital and it made me realize how they need Mommy. Since then I don't even want to think about what happened but when I see a pregnant woman or hear that someone is pregnant makes me cry and depressed. I try to keep myself super busy but the nights are terrible:-( I wake up several times and I have nightmares nearly every night.