By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Frustrated!!!

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Curlylocks8

Frustrated!!!

Post by Curlylocks8 »

I just need to rant. Lost daughter at 20 weeks in November last year after 5 years of trying - sheceould have been our first child.

Had tests incl hycosy etc and was given a clean bill of health. Managed to get pregnant on clomid & trigger shot (necessary as I do not ovulate due to pcos) only to be told it was ectopic last week on my dominant side.

Had methotrexate shot and due to levels increasing by around 1200 by day 4, I went back days 5 and 6 - increased again next 2 days taking me to 3,400. Day 7 today and they've dropped by a whole 100 today, so we're now talking surgery. We've agreed to adopt a wait and see approach and have bloods redone on Monday unless I get any pain in which case I'll go back to hospital.

I'm just so bloody frustrated and angry and to add insult to injury, my hands and arms look like I'm a prolific drug user from the sheer number of needles I've been jabbed with.

Loz22

Re: Frustrated!!!

Post by Loz22 »

I’m so sorry to hear this Hun. I’m going through an ectopic at the moment however the first injection did work but having to have bloods done all the time does make you feel like your a drug user with bruises & your veins being very visible.

Tess-86

Post by Tess-86 »

Sorry to hear that. I've just had a ectopic preg & had emergency surgery day I got admitted just Tuesday there. Im just out & go back nxt week to check preg levels if theyve not dropped I may need injections as they didnt remove tube. If that dont work then another op to have it removed. Im like all over place & hate the wait. I had intenal bleeding & if left longer I wouldnt be here I was told as I had lost alot of blood already. Just trying to processes everything is hard. Being greatful Im still here & how quick everything happened. But then thinking of the loss aswel...support person had came in after the doctor but I couldnt & asked her to leave every1 deals with things different & I know I will need to talk about it at some point or it'll mess with my head.

Talk to anyone when your ready to xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Curlylocks8,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and losses and the difficult time you are going through.
Your feelings are completely understandable, it is horrible to feel out of control of our own bodies and not have a clue what is going on.

We are all here for you,
Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Curlylocks8

Post by Curlylocks8 »

Thanks ladies and I'm sorry for what you've been through too.

Save for a nasty rash, The methotrexate didn't work in the end and I had to go to a&e on Saturday night.

Despite having explained I was being treated by that hospital's EPU for an ectopic who had told to me go to a&e out of hour, the triage nurse told me to go home as they wouldn't be able to help - no Drs or equipment despite being a leading teaching hospital in central London - despite me being in considerable pain and bleeding by that point! She basically took the view that I fancied a scan at midnight and had popped in and couldn't grasp we were worried the world had ruptured.

I was stunned and in agony and not thinking straight, but honestly believe I and would have gone home had it not been for my parents and husband.

The receptionist realised what had happened and went to speak to a dr who called me straight through - they got someone down from the gynae ward did what get needed to do and it transpired the tube had ruptured so I had emergency surgery. Thank god I didn't listen to the nurse! I'm very ready to try and out this all behind me now.

Curlylocks8

Post by Curlylocks8 »

* worried the woman had ruptured, not world!

Curlylocks8

Post by Curlylocks8 »

Aggghhh! Ectopic pregnancy, not woman or world. Sorry fat fingers.