By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pinching Pain - Need advice

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LizWaits

Pinching Pain - Need advice

Post by LizWaits »

I’m so glad I found this forum. I need someone to ease my fears. First, a little background... this is my 2nd ectopic pregnancy. My right tube ruptured 1.5 years ago after receiving Methotrexate.

Now I am having my 2nd ectopic. They caught it earlier this time and gave Methotrexate at week 6, however I required a 2nd dose 7 days later. My numbers are dropping SO slowly. It’s been 5 weeks since my first dose of Methotrexate and I’m still in the 500’s! Is this normal?

What worries me most is for the past two days I’ve felt this little pinching sensation/twinge in my tubal area. I’m assuming it is coming from the tube! Is that normal? I’m so paranoid that the “pinching” I feel is the tube tearing. How will I know if that’s the case? I DO NOT want this tube to rupture... it’s the only one I have left. Any advice/suggestions/ encouragement? Did anyone else feel their tube pinching or tearing and go on to be successful with Methotrexate?

Here is the breakdown on my numbers if that helps. I’m in week 11 of my pregnancy.

Day 1 - 1600 (first dose)
Day 4 - 3300
Day 7 - 3002 (2nd dose)
Day 11 - 2016
Day 14 - 1312
Day 21 - 732
Day 28 - 543

How long should this take? At what point will they advance to surgical removal? Help?!

EPT Host 20

Re: Pinching Pain - Need advice

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear LizWaits,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancies and losses. To experience one loss is difficult, to deal with multiple losses is heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you.

I am afraid it is difficult to predict how long it will take for your hormone levels reach non-pregnant levels. As we are all individual, our bodies respond differently to the drug and it depends on factors like how high levels reached and our unique physiology. What I can say is that it can take a number of weeks and, while it can take some time, it is not as invasive a procedure as surgery. It is also encouraging that your levels are falling steadily although I appreciate that it can be a drawn out process. Also, in terms of chances of future successful pregnancies, studies do not show a significant difference between treatment routes, whether surgical, medical using methotrexeate or expectant management (allowing time for the body to resolve the pregnancy itself).

Unfortunately I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your pain. There sadly remains a risk of rupture with low and declining levels so I would advise speaking to your EPU regarding the pain/pinching you are experiencing. It could be completely normal, but will put your mind at rest having spoken to someone medically trained.
Sadly I do have to remind you that if you experience any unusual bleeding, worsening abdominal pain, shoulder tip pain, bladder or bowel problems or feel dizzy and unwell please seek urgent medical advice.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

LizWaits

Post by LizWaits »

Just wanted to post an update. I called my doctor today. My HCG levels have dropped again (now at 327), but I’m still feeling this pinching sensation off and on. My doctor tried to reassure me that everything is progressing in the right direction but offered to do an ultrasound if that would help reassure me. So, I will be going on Wednesday for an ultrasound. Praying for positive results and that I’ll be nearing the end of this ectopic pregnancy soon, with my tube still intact and no surgery required. I’ll come back to update after the ultrasound.

LizWaits

Post by LizWaits »

Just wanted to update everyone. I’m now in my 14th week of pregnancy and HCG has dropped to 23! Getting so close to 0. I’m ready to close this chapter and see what the future holds. I did have my ultrasound a few weeks back and they could no longer see a mass in my tube, so that was reassuring. Now it’s just a waiting game.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear LizWaits,
I am so sorry to hear that this has been such a long drawn out process for you. You are being very strong at this difficult time.
You are so close now and I am keeping everything crossed for another significant drop.

Sending much love,
Karen x

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.