By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

First Pregnancy Heartbreak

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
carrien14

First Pregnancy Heartbreak

Post by carrien14 »

My husband and I just moved across the country to be closer to my parents. We found out we were pregnant a month ago and have been so excited to share this experience with our family.

Two nights ago I was experiencing sharp pains on my left side and felt light headed. We went to the ER and they confirmed an ectopic pregnancy. They gave me Methotrexate yesterday. I have felt to sad and defeated. We want a baby so badly and I am scared of this happening again...

EPT Host 22

Re: First Pregnancy Heartbreak

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Carrien14,

It’s heartbreaking to hear that you have suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. You have been through both a physical and emotional trauma, and these are still very early days. It’s extremely important to look after yourself right now.

Please be patient with yourself and give yourself the time to heal. Take all the time you need. There is no set time for which to move through these emotions, and every woman and couple go through at their own pace. As well, If you think it may help, we can certainly arrange to speak to you about what you have been through and be a shoulder to lean on. My colleagues and I have also experienced ectopic pregnancy and understand how heartbreaking it is. You can ask any questions or simply tell us about the horrible time you have been through. You can also look at counseling services and emotional recovery support on our website under Patients/Emotional recovery.

The charity Mind may also be of assistance. They have local centres and support groups and can offer services on a means-tested basis (you pay what you can afford) or sometimes free. You can find your local centre following this link if that may be useful too:
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/

These boards are a safe space for you and are here whenever and as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

***********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
***********************************************************************************************

carrien14

Re: First Pregnancy Heartbreak

Post by carrien14 »

Thank you for your kind words of support. It’s been about 3 weeks now and I’m definitely still struggling. The biggest fear I have is that my EP means I won’t be able to have a successful pregnancy in the future. I know that worrying doesn’t help anything but it’s hard not to allow those thoughts to consume me.