By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Two ectopics, two emergency surgeries and some hope

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
urbanfervour

Two ectopics, two emergency surgeries and some hope

Post by urbanfervour »

It’s been an intense and emotional 18 months. I had my first ectopic in January which saw me at A&E with pain and ended with an emergency surgery where I lost my left tube. We were cleared to try again and although terrified we did. How could it happen again? What are the odds?! In May we found out our second pregnancy was ectopic but this time a cornual ectopic and caught early. Two rounds of methotrexate and heartache. Two weeks later the day the tests showed Hgc was dropping I had a pain. Another trip to A&E, another emergency surgery to remove the pregnancy but more importantly to stop the rupturing uterus.
SO in October I was pregnant again. We were terrified, waiting for the scan I knew we could go through it again because we had come out the other side twice. It tested our marriage, our grief shared but I still felt alone.
When we found out our third pregnancy wasn’t ectopic I didn’t trust the doctor. I went for a second scan three days later just to be sure. I had an intrauterine pregnancy at last!! Then I had to get through the weeks, the expectation I’d miscarry or have a late term loss. I thank God for an active baby while pregnant, letting me know he was okay. I didn’t believe it was going to work he would be born alive and healthy until I heard his cry and saw him. He’s here, my baby, breastfeeding away at 1 am.
So don’t give up hope. It’s been an intense 18 months but our bodies are amazing. I felt so betrayed by mine and there were times I couldn’t care for it because my mind wasn’t being taken care of either and yet here my baby is.
Sending all my love and positive energy to those women who are awake with broken hearts searching the internet for understanding and hope. X

KathrynMary86

Re: Two ectopics, two emergency surgeries and some hope

Post by KathrynMary86 »

Sorry for your losses and thank you for your message of hope! I too have had two ectopic pregnancies, one treated with methotrexate and most recently my left tube being removed. I’m still recovering from surgery but keen to keep trying for a baby and it is good to hear these positive stories at a time when I’m feeling so sad and hopeless. Thanks for sharing and best wishes with your new bub x

EPT Host 20

Re: Two ectopics, two emergency surgeries and some hope

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Urbanfervour,
Thank you so much for sharing your story and giving hope to so many.
You have been through so much heartache and I am delighted to read you are snuggling with you baby boy.

Sending much love and warm hugs too,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************