By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Two ectopics, two surgery procedures now ivf

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Oxoemma84

Two ectopics, two surgery procedures now ivf

Post by Oxoemma84 »

Not sure how to start this.....
I had an ectopic pregnancy in February 2018 whereby my left tube was removed along with my pregnancy, several weeks ago I found out I was pregnant again.
I had pains and bleeding however I was reassured by the doctors on two occasions all would be fine and the likelihood of another ectopic was slim and they booked me in for a scan the day after my birthday on 27th July, I went for that scan to find out I was 10 weeks pregnant and it was another ectopic subsequently they removed my right tube and my pregnancy as they were unable to save the tube given it had already started to split.
I have been informed there was nothing medically wrong with either of my tubes they believe the first ectopic as ‘one of those things’ second ectopic believe it could have been a multiple pregnancy given the size. Or again both just an unfortunate event for me and my partner.

I know it’s only early days however me and my partner have no children and are longing to be parents.

Anyone else in the same position that could offer advice, we are looking at ivf however just wondering how long did people have to wait when referring to ivf??

Thankyou for taking the time to read this. X

Lisa1405

Re: Two ectopics, two surgery procedures now ivf

Post by Lisa1405 »

I'm so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancies. I too had an ectopic pregnancy and had my right fallopian tube removed at 7 weeks 3 days pregnant and I was misdiagnosed and told I had a Heterotopic pregnancy which is a baby in my womb and a baby in my right tube (I'm 3 weeks Post-op now) I had an appointment with my surgeon at 2 weeks Post-op, he told me my left tube looks good (he saw it in surgery) and that I can start trying after 1x cycle has been. He scanned me (transvaginal) and said all seemed to be healing well. Prior to this I have had 2x miscarriages and I have no children. I'm looking in to IVF as I am 36 now and have been trying with my husband for 8 years to conceive now. Have you ever been to your doctor for any fertility investigations? I think you should go to your doctor asap as you should be high priority as you have had both tubes removed. Sending you hugs & Support, Lisa xxx