By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Worried about possible ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Smallie21

Worried about possible ectopic

Post by Smallie21 »

Hi,
I’m sorry for bothering anyone, but I have just been feeling so strange and I’ll this last few days, I mentioned to a friend and she said it sounds like it could be a possible ectopic.
We have been trying to conceive, absolutely my period was due today. I took an early pregnancy test on Saturday because I was incredibly moody and emotional, which was the first symptom of my last pregnancy. It was negative, and then I started to experience this extremely strange shoulder pain on Saturday afternoon out of nowhere, at the front of my shoulder in the ball of the joint. It was so bad that I couldn’t work all weekend as my job is quite physical.
It has been accompanied by light headed ness, dizziness and awful nausea, I can barely eat.
The only thing that is confusing me is the negative pregnancy test, and I got my period on Saturday night, but it is extremely heavy, has went through clothes, and I have an unusual amount of clots, some very large.
It could be possible that it is all unrelated, but I just feel so awful I’m now getting paranoid that there is something wrong.
Also - I’m from the north or Ireland so we don’t have NHS111 and getting a GP apt is like 2 week waiting list, and I don’t want to waste A&E time if I don’t have to.
Thank you all xx

Madamesophie

Re: Worried about possible ectopic

Post by Madamesophie »

Hi Smallie21
I cannot tell you if it is ectopic or not, even if I sincerely hope for you it is not. But what I would suggest you is to go to see a doctor who can tell you. Trust your instinct if it is telling you something is different and ask a doctor who can understand your sympthoms. I'm telling you this because I ignored my sympthoms because of 3 (!) negative tests which convinced me I was not pregnant and I ended up in hospital anyway. It might not be your case, as I said I cannot tell, but if you feel something is odd is better to just ask the doctor asap (A&E if it is the quickest way). Wishing you all the luck xxx Anna

Kazshuker39

Re: Worried about possible ectopic

Post by Kazshuker39 »

Hi, I would ring your GP and ask for a telephone consultation if you have to wait weeks for an appointment or even go to a and e, it really isnt wasting their time if you feel like something could be wrong. I had a period at the beginning of july and it was a 'normal' period for me. A week later i had pain in my right hand side and some spotting. I too rang the doc and couldnt get an appointment for over a week so i have no idea what made me do one as id had my period but i did a pregnancy test which was positive! Unfortunately following scans and blood tests to measure hcg levels i was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy. I opted to have the methotrexate injection rather than surgery and was monitored for 4 weeks, unfortunately when i went i last Thurs for my routine hcg level check i happened to mention that i'd had some pain the last few days and was particularly worried as my hcg levels had dropped to 11 and i thought the nightmare was nearly over ..... as soon as i mentioned the pain, they whipped me in for a scan and found i had ruptured and was bleeding internally. I was in surgery within 2 hrs and ended up having my right tube removed. I am 6 days post surgery and feel emotionally and physically battered. Sorry to go on but if you think something isnt right then dont be afraid to mention it, better to be investigated than to leave it!