By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Will things ever go back to normal?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Combr

Will things ever go back to normal?

Post by Combr »

This is my story.

I have an 11 and 7 year old already (happy that i only have 3 school years left of the school run) and after 2 years of my partner asking me, we decided to try for a baby of our own.

I stopped taking the pill 3rd december and bfp on 3rd jan 2021 (it was never that quick with the other 2). However the lack of pregnancy symptoms, i just knew something wasnt right).

Started slightly bleeding on 9th jan and had an early scan on 12th jan. Bloods taken showed hgc at 1485 and scan showed 9mm sac in left tube plus fluid in my uterus. 2 days later bloods at 2405 and was given methotrexate. Started to bleed that same night.

Day 4 - bloods at 1400
Day 7 - bloods at 1000
Day 14 - bloods at 235
Day 21 (today) - bloods at 16.3 (bleeding stopped 2 days ago so was hoping levels will be at 0 but still got another blood test to go).

Im at the point now where i want to move forward, im sick of the sight of the hospital. I know things wont be the same as before (dont get me wrong ive had my wobbles emtionally too, lidls special buys (as it was baby stuff) a couple of weeks ago side swiped me like a bus and literally broke my heart. So i want to get back on the pill and give it another year before we start the discussions about do we try again.

Has anyone else felt like this and what does normal look like on the otherside?

Thanks

paulinavx_1

Re: Will things ever go back to normal?

Post by paulinavx_1 »

Hi Combr!
I'm sorry for your pregnancy loss. Everyone is different so I don't think it's possible to define what is normal or not in terms of what you feel or what are your future pregnancy plans. Some people are eager to start trying for a baby as soon as possible after ectopic and others prefer to wait longer. I had my ectopic in autumn 2019. That was first and the only pregnancy I've had so far. It affected me and my mental health so badly that for over a year I was pretty sure that I didn't want to try any more in my life. The risk of having another ectopic and going through the same situation once again just felt unacceptable, although me and my husband always wanted to have children. Only around December 2020 we've started discussing possibility to try again, but we still want to wait few more months to feel emotionally ready for this step.
I think that it's important to give yourself and your partner enough time to digest what happened and recover emotionally and physically. Don't put too much pressure on yourself or try to speed things up if you don't feel ready.

Combr

Re: Will things ever go back to normal?

Post by Combr »

Hi Paulinavx_1,

Thank you for your response.

I went through the stage that if i didnt have another by the time i was 30 then i didnt want anymore (that was nearly 4 years ago). I then came round to the idea of starting again.

I know it wasnt the right time (currently awaiting a date to move house and to start a new job role) so i want to focus on getting that sorted and settled before i even think about anything else. But still being under the hospital im still stuck in the grey cloud of ectopic for now (if that makes sense).

I agree everyone is different and everyones healing process (physically and emotionally) is different and thats what defines the normal post ectopic.