By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Advice after surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Amy97

Advice after surgery

Post by Amy97 »

Hi, not sure if anyone could help.
I had an ectopic pregnancy nearly 2 weeks ago. My tube had ruptured and ended up having a blood transfusion. My mind Is at 100miles an hour. But near 2 weeks after surgery I still don't feel right, I'm still in a lot of pain on the side they removed the tube and still getting waves of sickness and dizziness. My GP didn't really have any suggestions.
Has anyone else suffered with this or any advice on how to help please?
Thank you

Amy97

Re: ectopic surgery

Post by Amy97 »

Amy97 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:41 pm
Hi, not sure if anyone could help.
I had an ectopic pregnancy nearly 2 weeks ago. My tube had ruptured and ended up having a blood transfusion. My mind Is at 100miles an hour. But near 2 weeks after surgery I still don't feel right, I'm still in a lot of pain on the side they removed the tube and still getting waves of sickness and dizziness. My GP didn't really have any suggestions.
Has anyone else suffered with this or any advice on how to help please?
Thank you

EPT Host 22

Re: Advice after surgery

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Amy97,

I'm so sorry that you have suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss and now are going through this worrying time. It can be very normal to feel pains after ectopic pregnancy. I'm not medically qualified and cannot comment on your situation; however, women on these boards have reported many different types of sensations. Sometimes it's related to their surgeries, pain from adhesions, or scar tissue which forms as part of the recovery process. Still, it could also be because of ovulation pains, as many women feel ovulation pains when they did not before. It might also be a result of heightened awareness after your ordeal.

To assist, you could keep a pain diary too - when you experience the pain and where, its intensity and anything that helps like rest or pain relief, and noting when your period starts. It's good that you have spoken with your GPs, I encourage you to continue advocating for yourself if things do not feel right. The diary might help communicate the symptoms as well.

Both physical and emotional recovery takes time; every woman is different. As much as we'd like to return to normal, ectopic pregnancy is a trauma and it's important to give ourselves as much time as we need. Please keep looking after yourself, checking in with your medical providers. We are here for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust

Registered Charity Number: 1071811

Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.

Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk

We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Annietomo

Post by Annietomo »

Hi all. I found out on Tuesday my pregnancy was ectopic and went from having a scan to being in surgery within the hour. It has been a horrendous experience from start to finish.
I got no emotional support from the hopsital afterwards and my partner was restricted to visiting hours leaving me on my own alot to grieve in silence😔
We are nowhere near ready to try again but I just wondered can I still take folic acid? Or do I need to wait a period of time?

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Annie,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy loss,
I am very sorry to hear you have received little in the way of emotional support. When we experience ectopic pregnancy, we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense so please take the time you need to heal both physically and emotionally.
As you have had surgery, you can start taking folic acid as soon as you wish too.
We have lots of information on our website that you may find helpful over the next few weeks/months, but please do continue to.lean on us for as long as you need.
https://ectopic.org.uk/emotional-recovery
We will be here for you however and for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team