By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Support over the Christmas and New Year Period

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
EPT Host 20

Support over the Christmas and New Year Period

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Over the Christmas and new year period, our thoughts are with anyone who has been affected by ectopic pregnancy and may find this time of year difficult. We have started this thread as a safe space for anyone who needs it. Over the Christmas and new year period, it can be used for peer support anytime, but we may not have capacity to moderate it daily. You are among friends here who understand and please be kind to yourselves this festive season.

Sending much love, the EPT team.

EPT Host 20

Re: Support over the Christmas and New Year Period

Post by EPT Host 20 »

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Sashpal

Post by Sashpal »

Hey,
First time posting, guess I’m hoping for a little moral support but also hoping I can provide support to others in time!
I suffered an ectopic pregnancy and lost my right tube as a result a month ago now. It was my first pregnancy after a bit of a struggle, so that was enough of a shock in itself. I thought I was dealing with it “ok” (as ok as can be) but am finding it harder and harder the closer it gets to Christmas. This was supposed to be an exciting time, when we’d tell all our family and friends we were expecting etc, and I feel like it’s all been ripped away and the future is so uncertain. I don’t feel like I want to celebrate the festive season but also feel like I need to be strong and be ‘normal’ for friends and family.
Does anyone else get that :(

Elephant+1

Post by Elephant+1 »

Hey Sashpal,
I am so so sorry for your loss, of your baby and of you tube. It’s horrible.
I am right here with you, I was due my 12 week scan on 4th Jan so we were planning to tell the rest of our families at Christmas (our parents and close friends knew). It’s SO hard! I was supposed to go to Disney on Ice today with my friend and her 3 year old, I had been debating whether or not to go because I’m still at risk of rupture and getting across London and into a busy stadium was a bit daunting it didn’t even hit me until last night that I’d be going into a place with a thousand young kids. It’s the one thing I want in this entire world and when it hit me yesterday I had a proper meltdown. Fortunately my friend was fine with my last minute cancellation but it’s almost midday and I’m in bed like meh.
My grandparents don’t know about any of this, and my grandmas on both sides have a habit of asking me when I’ll have children and I’m scared she’ll do again when I see her and I’ll just cry at her and make the whole thing awkward.

Sorry, it’s a lot. But so you know, I get it and I’m standing right here with you, sending my love. I hope physical recovery has not been too rough on you xxx

Sashpal

Post by Sashpal »

Hi elephant+1
Thanks so much for your reply and I am so sorry to hear you’re going through a lot of the same things. A friend said to me before that we’re part of a club that no one wants to be in which is so true, it’s nice to speak to people who understand but sad that they can only understand for such horrible reasons.
I am completely with you on the social side of things, I think we just have to be easy on ourselves and not push ourself if we don’t feel ready.
Will be thinking of you, I hope you manage to have a nice enough Christmas <3

Elephant+1

Post by Elephant+1 »

Hey,
Yes the worst girl gang ever! I follow them on Instagram and listened to a couple of their podcasts but it’s true it’s the best people going through the worst situations.
Me and my partner don’t spend Xmas together and won’t until we have kids, so I’m at my parents and my whole family just don’t get it, I’m quite sad atm and wish I could just go home! 2 more days then I’ll be back with my fiancé and puppy :)
Have a lovely Christmas!
Xxx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Experiencing an ectopic pregnancy can be very isolating, and times when people are.talking of visiting families and posting lots of pictures on social media can compound that feeling of isolation. Every one of us on these boards have been there or are possibly feeling this way right now.
Please know that you all have friends here who understand how hard times such as Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries can be. We are all here for you. It is important that you protect your heart in any way that is necessary. If you need some quiet time, take it. If you need a hug from a loved one, don't be afraid to ask for it. Some people also find that journaling their thoughts, feelings and emotions helps them express how the are feeling. These boards are also safe spaces for you to come and express yourselves too or to sit quietly for a while. I found reading other people's posts and stories made me feel less alone too.
We are here for you,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team