By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Interstitual/Corneal EP and 5 weeks post op

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Carw

Interstitual/Corneal EP and 5 weeks post op

Post by Carw »

I had my surgery on the 13th Dec. Had my right fallopian tube removed and not clear on how much of the corner of my uterus was removed or if they managed to just remove the pregnancy and stitch the corner back up.

I have been told future labour should be elective c section. Does anyone have any info on this?
I am gutted because I wanted a home birth this time.
I know I won't have a home birth now (if I am lucky enough to go and conceive again in the future) but I really don't want a section.

Anyone with this type of EP how long were you advised to wait until TTC? 2 different consultants said 3 months and 6 months.

So confused and I am a very forward literal thinker and need to have clarity on things

EPT Host 20

Re: Interstitual/Corneal EP and 5 weeks post op

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Carw,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy loss,
It is common to have an elective c-section after surgery has also included the uterus. As a general rule of thumb, we say to wait for 3 months before trying to conceive following surgery. It seems however that you have a few unanswered question and we are unable to give specific medical advice so I would advise asking if you can have an appointment with the team who treated you to discuss the specifics in your case and how this may impact future pregnancies. If you are in the UK and have been discharged from your hospital team, speak to your GP team who may have answers from a discharge letter of can refer you back so you can get these questions answered.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Madamesophie

Post by Madamesophie »

Hi, I am very sorry for what you have experienced, I know how confusing and difficult it can be. I had a cornual ectopic back in 2017, with tube removal, but not with resection of any portion of the uterus, so maybe it's a bit different from your situation. I did not get any suture points in my uterus, only cauterised ( if that is the correct term in English).
After that I was advised to wait at least for 6 months before ttc, better one year. Because of many other reasons we ended up waiting for even longer, but when we tried again after 4 years we quickly conceived a beautiful baby, who is turning 2 next saturday. I'm telling you this just to tell you that there is hope. Unfortunately nobody can guarantee anything, but I can give you some hope, I remember it helped me a lot to hear stories ending up well.
I wish you all the best of luck, just make sure you take your time to recover both physically and emotionally (I think the latter was the hardest for me tbh, I needed the full 6 months just for that). All the best!!

Madamesophie

Post by Madamesophie »

I forgot to say that I delivered naturally, by induction with ossitocin, I only was treated during the induction like somebody who had previously had ** section, so essentially it was a milder and much slower dose, to avoid rupture. I had no problems, and delivered naturally. However, this happened in Italy, and from what I read on the forum, it seems that the protocols in UK might be different. In any case I would suggest you to listen to what the doctor will recommend, they surely will have a clear and broad vision of your situation. I trusted mine and was happy to, in the end, even if it felt scary at first. Best of luck!