By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Coming up to what would of been due date

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Amy97

Coming up to what would of been due date

Post by Amy97 »

The last week or so I have been struggling. Does anyone have any tips on how they've dealt with coming up to what should of been the due date. I'm constantly thinking of the what should of been. I've even had to take a few days off work as am too emotional at the minute
Thanks

EPT Host 22

Re: Coming up to what would of been due date

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Amy97,

My heart goes out to you right now, as I know too well how the approaching due dates can feel. I'm glad you've taken some time off of work to be with yourself. Our grief is a process and there will be triggers along the way that we cannot always expect. It continues to be important to be kind to yourself and take the time you need.

People have found different ways to remember, honour, and process these significant dates. In my case, I found that journalling helped (throughout the entire experience, but especially on these dates). Other rituals, like lighting candles, planting seeds, writing poetry, and so on, are also ways to honour the experience and the presence of those we've lost.

There are no shoulds or to-dos, as it's really important to do what feels right to you. Grief is difficult enough without any added expectations.

Please know that we are here for you however you need, during this time and for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.

Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk

We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team